Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gangnam Style in Alice (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=9496)

jediaction 09-17-2012 06:28 PM

Gangnam Style in Alice

1 Attachment(s)
I present, Gangnam Style in Alice....

I didn't spend as much time on this one as I did on the 5,000 post celebration so the hands on this one get messed up after 20 seconds into the video, but you get the idea....

InsertName 09-18-2012 03:32 PM

I like it, it's very smooth, love the hand bounce.:D But if it runs for awhile the arms go through the head. Why is that?

GameKid 09-18-2012 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=InsertName;51057]I like it, it's very smooth, love the hand bounce.:D But if it runs for awhile the arms go through the head. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

It's set to infinitely turn in one direction, so of course it's going to be there at one point.

jediaction 09-18-2012 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=InsertName;51057]I like it, it's very smooth, love the hand bounce.:D But if it runs for awhile the arms go through the head. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

It's an Alice glitch that happens when you tell an object to move and turn at the same time. It never brings it back to the same place. Every time it moves, it is slightly off by probably .001 meters.

[QUOTE=GameKid;51059]It's set to infinitely turn in one direction, so of course it's going to be there at one point.[/QUOTE]

Not really, it's an Alice glitch. It's been there for years. That's why making the 5,000 post celebration was so time consuming to make. I had to be careful that Alice didn't glitch out.

GameKid 09-19-2012 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=jediaction;51060]
Not really, it's an Alice glitch. It's been there for years. That's why making the 5,000 post celebration was so time consuming to make. I had to be careful that Alice didn't glitch out.[/QUOTE]
So you've encountered a lot of alice glitches too?
Did you see the one where an object gets kind of squished with the turn to face function, or the one where if you delete an object and then leave your computer alone for a while the deleted object's texture is the ground's texture when you get back?

jediaction 09-19-2012 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=GameKid;51062]So you've encountered a lot of alice glitches too?
Did you see the one where an object gets kind of squished with the turn to face function, or the one where if you delete an object and then leave your computer alone for a while the deleted object's texture is the ground's texture when you get back?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have encountered that glitch as well. Mostly in my AI system. It occurs after a certain type of movement or something causes that issue. I don't delete the texture though, I don't have texture issues. I don't usually leave Alice opened un-attended.

GameKid 09-19-2012 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;51068]Yes, I have encountered that glitch as well. Mostly in my AI system.[/QUOTE]
I actually made a fix for that; make a copy of the object and set a while the world is running event:

If (Your object here) width<(Copy of the object)'s width
Object resize 1.1 duration 0 seconds
Else
If (Your object here) width>(Copy of the object)'s width
Object resize 0.9 duration 0 seconds

Same thing for height. If you ever encounter that glitch again, give it a go.

jediaction 09-20-2012 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=GameKid;51078]I actually made a fix for that; make a copy of the object and set a while the world is running event:

If (Your object here) width<(Copy of the object)'s width
Object resize 1.1 duration 0 seconds
Else
If (Your object here) width>(Copy of the object)'s width
Object resize 0.9 duration 0 seconds

Same thing for height. If you ever encounter that glitch again, give it a go.[/QUOTE]

I think I actually tried that once, but it just goes out of control later on.

gangnam 09-21-2012 02:34 AM

How did you get the arms to do that? I can't figure it out.

jediaction 09-22-2012 08:19 AM

Careful timing. I make the arms go up and down, and then after a slight delay, the hands start moving so it looks like a more fluid animation.