Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Bugs and Troubleshooting (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   All my coding is gone!!! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=8342)

joethechicken 04-10-2012 05:45 PM

All my coding is gone!!!

Hi all,

So I was making a game on Alice 3.0 and then I saved it. Then the next time I open it, there is an error message and the run display is completely blank. I tried reverting to previous versions but it still does the same thing.
Any suggestions?
By the way, this is a summative assignment and was pretty big. So redoing the whole thing in a short amount of time is virtually impossible.

Thanks

TauTrumpsPi 04-10-2012 06:05 PM

If you could post the error and the corrupted world, we may be able to be of more help, though most of us are more competent with Alice 2.2 than 3.0.

jediaction 04-10-2012 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=joethechicken;47995]Hi all,

So I was making a game on Alice 3.0 and then I saved it. Then the next time I open it, there is an error message and the run display is completely blank. I tried reverting to previous versions but it still does the same thing.
Any suggestions?
By the way, this is a summative assignment and was pretty big. So redoing the whole thing in a short amount of time is virtually impossible.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Ok. This is Alice 3. There is a way with Python that you can look at the error on what object it was caused on, then find it in the code and erase it to make the project work again, but I personally do not know how to do it. The only user I believe that knows how to fix this problem is Zonedabone.

arty-fishL 04-11-2012 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=jediaction;48002]Ok. This is Alice 3. There is a way with Python that you can look at the error on what object it was caused on, then find it in the code and erase it to make the project work again, but I personally do not know how to do it. The only user I believe that knows how to fix this problem is Zonedabone.[/QUOTE]To add a couple of things:
- No python interface in Alice 3 :(
- Zonedabone is no longer active :(

jediaction 04-11-2012 11:55 AM

He is on skype. And really, non in Alice 3? That stinks.

x2495iiii 04-11-2012 01:06 PM

Alice 3 has Netbeans.

A bit more mainstream, so it's actually better.

arty-fishL 04-11-2012 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;48020]He is on skype. And really, non in Alice 3? That stinks.[/QUOTE]None :(, I was trying to add it, but I'm not very good at Java. Him being on Skype is useless to the OP.

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;48024]Alice 3 has Netbeans.

A bit more mainstream, so it's actually better.[/QUOTE]Netbeans is outside of Alice and I'm sure the world cant be imported back into Alice after its been exported for Netbeans. Eclipse is better.
This doesn't help with the original issue.

joethechicken 04-13-2012 03:09 PM

Okay,
I decided to redo the whole thing and am basically finished doing so.

If you guys still want to check out the corrupt file (or new version), I could email it to you as the website does not allow for a3w attachments.

Thanks