Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Silly Short Animation (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=9537)

ilykealicealot 10-08-2012 09:41 PM

Silly Short Animation

1 Attachment(s)
Title says it all..just a little something I tossed together to appease my teacher while me n a friend work on something muuch bigger (it'll come you people's's's's way eventually). Any advice on random stuff or how to do things more easily or just a "hi" would be appreciated :D

InsertName 10-10-2012 02:16 PM

Nice work, I like it that somebody besides me is making animations. :D

GameKid 10-11-2012 09:05 PM

I don't know about you guys, but it gives me an error when I try to play it. Is this happening to anyone else?

mcelroy32400 10-23-2012 04:36 PM

I get the wretched old Queen of Hearts as well. :confused:

Estiles 12-08-2012 05:40 PM

Need help w/ program boolean function (I think)

Hello -- I am new to ALICE.

I am trying to make an object reduce opacity when it is clicked. Then a snowman will ask the use to click the object again to reduce the opacity again.

I have the world set up BUT I am having a problem that I do not know how to fix.

I click on my object and the opacity reduces. The snowman asks the user to do it again but he will continue to ask over and over and over again. I only want him to ask ONCE and then once the use clicks on the object to reduce the opacity a second time the snowman will ask ONE time again to click it again.

I think I have to create some sort of boolean function but I do not know how!

If I have an if/else statement. The object is clicked on then the snowman says "Click it again" one time until it is clicked. How do I do this?

Please help. I am pulling my hair out! ;) thank you

x2495iiii 12-08-2012 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=Estiles;51872]Hello -- I am new to ALICE.

I am trying to make an object reduce opacity when it is clicked. Then a snowman will ask the use to click the object again to reduce the opacity again.

I have the world set up BUT I am having a problem that I do not know how to fix.

I click on my object and the opacity reduces. The snowman asks the user to do it again but he will continue to ask over and over and over again. I only want him to ask ONCE and then once the use clicks on the object to reduce the opacity a second time the snowman will ask ONE time again to click it again.

I think I have to create some sort of boolean function but I do not know how!

If I have an if/else statement. The object is clicked on then the snowman says "Click it again" one time until it is clicked. How do I do this?

Please help. I am pulling my hair out! ;) thank you[/QUOTE]

Post your world file. Odds are, it's a problem with how you if statement is configured.