Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Split Screen Wars! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7576)

jediaction 11-14-2011 04:59 PM

Split Screen Wars!

4 Attachment(s)
[FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][B]This is the project i've been working on.[/B] It wasn't that hard to make after the split screen concept was mastered. It's not real split screen, but it's just my super improved version of my last game. This is a fighter game with unique gameplay(Due to 2 screens). You can actually fight eachother in 2 different screens. Don't screen cheat, and remember...have fun! Please give your comments and if you find any glitches, tell me. I hope to get this reviewed some time, bust just not yet.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][B]You can attack and counter attack. Once you play it for a little whlie, you'll get used to the controls. Hopefully your hands aren't that big that you can't play with another person. All the controls are in the game.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][SIZE=5]THE NEXT GENERATION OF SPLIT SCREEN.[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=1]PS...my bro helped out with the layout and stuff.[/SIZE]

sfunk 11-15-2011 06:58 AM

This is done pretty smoothly, I remember doing something like this when I first started using alice but never really got motivated to do anything with it, It will be neat to try out once you get completed with it though

jediaction 11-15-2011 07:00 AM

What do you mean try out? This game or your own?

sfunk 11-15-2011 07:32 AM

[QUOTE=sfunk;43506]This is done pretty smoothly, I remember doing something like this when I first started using alice but never really got motivated to do anything with it, It will be neat to try out [B]once you get [/B]completed with it though[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jediaction;43507]What do you mean try out? This game or your own?[/QUOTE]

yours

jediaction 11-15-2011 01:10 PM

But I'm confused. You're not trying it? Because it's posted, and your saying once it's completed?

GameKid 11-15-2011 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;43518]But I'm confused. [B]Your[/B] not trying it? Because it's posted, and [B]your[/B] saying once it's completed?[/QUOTE]
Firstly, if you're too lazy to correctly type you're, then why do you even bother to use grammar? >:(
To the topic, I would've never thought of this. I was thinking of litterally two screens, but two of everything is something I'd never guess!
Nicely done, but you should fix the methods backing up.

jediaction 11-15-2011 06:50 PM

Who cares, I can just edit it any time I want. What do you mean fix methods backing up? You need to explain.

room14 11-16-2011 03:10 AM

i made something like this... but got bored....
well done. much better than my attempt.

jediaction 11-16-2011 08:46 AM

Ok, glad you liked it.

GameKid 11-16-2011 12:30 PM

If I press the attack button while the attack method is still active, it does the attack method again right when the method stops, thus backing it up.
Say, I press the attack button rapidly because I'm a dumb-bell button masher. It keeps repeating itself over and over. You could fix this with a boolean, but it's easier just to put it in the "Begin" section of the "While a key is pressed" event.
Oh, and excuse me if you interputed my post as a cross statement, it just, for some reason, annoys me when people say something wrong.