Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My FPS Game Work in progress! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6883)

Deidara1BG 07-05-2011 12:42 PM

My FPS Game Work in progress!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello community!
I started making a game 2 or 3 days ago out of boredom.Im not sure what it will be about yet,but one thing is sure:you will fight paranormal creatures as ghosts and zombies.
I havent made much yet,infact i have very much things to work on.
The game now has:walking,jumping(i will probably change the jumping),bullet count,reloading,and enemys that follow you.
If you find some kind of a glitch,please let me know and if you have ideas for the game please share them with me.
Controls:
W - Fowards
S - Backwards
A and D - Turn left and right
Mouse - Shoot

jediaction 07-05-2011 01:35 PM

I like it. You need to make an ammo count first of all. Make the gun turn back faster(during fireing). Make dummys for all the ghosts so when you click them, they go back to there start positions and keep moving toward you. That is a good way to make it a challenge. You can make them move faster and faster and have timer that counts how long you survived. It would be better if you could not move forward and better for that game mode. This is kinda complicated so I need your idea on what kind of game you want it to be.

sfunk 07-05-2011 04:18 PM

looks good so far, (and it looks like you have followed along with the tutorials I made) you have a good start, now just use some ideas of you own to fully make it your own game, jedi had some pretty good ideas for it. and if you leave in having the ability to move around, make some kind of environment to walk around, like a full blown cemetery or haunted mansion

Deidara1BG 07-05-2011 05:02 PM

Thank you for the ideas.And jedi is actually right.I should make this game without movement.What i will do instead,i will make different areas(i have some ideas - graveyard,haunted house)and when you clear off all the enemies in one area the camera moves itself to the next one.Sort of like a cutscene but in first person.
Also i think of replacing the revolver with a desert eagle.Revolver is a slow reloading weapon and the animation of reloading will probably take ages for me to make...

But i have some problems...Please help me if you know how to.
1.Why cant i use another gun?I downloaded a gun from a thread but it was a .a2w file,not .a2c...
2.When i add a bigger objects like the gate or a building,the game starts lagging and dosent run smooth.Is it from my PC?

sfunk 07-05-2011 05:32 PM

1. the gun is an object inside of a world, so just load that file up as a world, then the gun should be there, right click it and save object (into a folder you can find, I usually save it into the Alice2.2>required>gallery>desired folder to put it in.)then now you can use that weapon.

2. it is more than likely your PC is slow, plus Alice takes a lot for a computer to run, and usually causes lag after a certain amount of size(try stream lining codes and if a code doesn't need to be used during a certain part of a game, have it so it only runs during that part of the game

Deidara1BG 07-06-2011 04:21 PM

Yeah i figured that out.Thanks anyway!Now the (first) weapon is a deagle,which has 7 bullets.Now working on:
Ammo - all the ammo in your gun,for example,a deagle with 7/35 ammo is a dealge which you can reload 5 more times and then the ammo runs out.I am working on doing the math stuff(so it decreases the ammo with 7 every time you reload) and on the second weapon which will be avalable only if you have engouh hi-score points to buy it(which i am working on too)

Deidara1BG 07-07-2011 03:45 PM

Update 0.1!

1 Attachment(s)
Update 0.1 is now out!

-Added bullets/ammo
-added health
-new starting gun
-if close engouh,ghosts will atack you and inflict health.

Please tell me if you encounter any bugs or glitches.

sfunk 07-07-2011 03:55 PM

sounds good i'll check it out once I get done with a model im working on

Deidara1BG 07-09-2011 08:17 PM

I got some bad news...I got an error! Please someone help me!!!I dont want to quit Alice until i save my world,i made many changes!

An error has occurred while attempting to save your world.
This is a critical situation that needs to be dealt with immediately.

NOTE: Please check for a directory co-located with
your world named "Backups of <YourWorldNameHere>" which
should contain previously saved versions of your world.

We at the Alice Team apologize for any work you have lost

Please accept our sincerest apologies. The Alice Team.

Alice version: 2.2 02/10/2011

Throwable that caused the error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find ancestor: world, class: class edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.World
Key:
Details: keyChar class edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Variable

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.internalGetKey(Element.java:776)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.getKey(Element.java:791)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.reference.DefaultReferenceGenerator.generateReference(DefaultReferenceGenerator.java:39)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Property.encodeReference(Property.java:651)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.property.ObjectArrayProperty.encodeObject(ObjectArrayProperty.java:155)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Property.encode(Property.java:683)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.internalStore(Element.java:1670)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.internalStore(Element.java:1722)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.store(Element.java:1768)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.store(Element.java:1781)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.store(Element.java:1784)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.store(Element.java:1816)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.StoreElementProgressPane.construct(StoreElementProgressPane.java:42)
at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.progress.ProgressPane$2.run(ProgressPane.java:84)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

sfunk 07-09-2011 08:32 PM

I have had this problems a few times, all you can do is just exit out of alice and hope your backups aren't from to far ago