Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Toadstool Adventures (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6640)

DensetsuNoKaboom 05-26-2011 07:11 PM

Toadstool Adventures

8 Attachment(s)
This is a random sidescrolling game I made today...I think it's kinda hard.

If people like this I might add more levels...

EDIT: Added Toadstool Adventure 1B, and added the worldLoaderTool to Toadstool Adventure 1.

Also, if the speed for the game seems too slow or too fast, I changed the speedMultiplier because the speed on my computer was acting funky, so feel free to mess with it yourself...

EDIT2: Added Toadstool Adventure 2 and 2B.

EDIT3: A few small changes, and those speedMultiplier problems should be gone now.

jediaction 05-26-2011 08:41 PM

[B][I]Feedback...

[/I][/B][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Very good challenge[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Balanced difficulty[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]The collisions on the fire are not perfect[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No real ending[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]85/100 by Chrome Games[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]I like this game a lot. It is very addicting and not impossible. It is just like "I wanna be the guy." This game has a balanced challenge and can be beaten if you take the time to figure out what kills you and find a path around it. Good job![/FONT][/B]

DeathxKiller 05-26-2011 08:49 PM

this game is too hard for me! >_<

DensetsuNoKaboom 05-27-2011 05:29 AM

[QUOTE=jediaction;36509]Should I review it???[/QUOTE]

You can, but like I said I may add more levels in the future.

[QUOTE=DeathxKiller;36512]this game is too hard for me! >_<[/QUOTE]
Where are you having trouble?

sfunk 05-27-2011 09:10 AM

it was good, the collision with objects to kill you were off a little bit, you could be standing away fromt he objects and still die, maybe add check points or something so you don't have to start over completely everytime. just a suggestion

DensetsuNoKaboom 05-28-2011 12:55 PM

On the first post is a new part of the game...and you'll soon see why it is called "toadstool adventure 1B"...

This makes the world of Toadstool Adventure even wackier.

DensetsuNoKaboom 05-28-2011 07:39 PM

Just in time for the holidays, Toadstool Adventure Level 2 is here! Featuring more hazards, more torture, and an annoying boss that will make you gogh crazy!

jediaction 05-28-2011 09:49 PM

I will review that tommorow

DensetsuNoKaboom 06-19-2011 01:01 PM

You never did...

But anyways, I made a few changes to the current levels and bosses...

jediaction 06-19-2011 01:09 PM

I'm sorry, I missed the thread. I can forget when there are to many things to do in the Alice community. Here you go, I will make it up to you. Here is the review...

[B][I]Feedback...[/I][/B]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Perfect Collisions on Adventure 1[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Difficulties exist...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]1B has terrible collisions on the giant mole[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]2B has terrible collisions also[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]70/100 by [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Chrome[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Games[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]The game is really hard and the collisions are off a bit which makes it bad. The bosses are terrible because of the horrific off collisions. You seem to move a little to slow in Adventure 2 which downgrades the whole package a bit. I beat the first one because it was the most well done adventure. The field of view could be bigger because in Adventure 2 you cannot see a thing, so the fires kill you without you even being able to see where they were. I know how much time and effort you put into this game, and it shows, but fix the off collisions on falling objects and fire and the game will be better overall.[/FONT][/B]