Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Latest Project Preview (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6869)

arty-fishL 08-26-2011 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=DensetsuNoKaboom;41055]I hope you finish this soon. You're one of the best Alice programmers ever! :D[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=x2495iiii;41061]What he said.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys

jediaction 08-26-2011 11:37 AM

Wow. This has made so much progress.

arty-fishL 08-30-2011 11:48 AM

Forgot to mention Themes is also 100% done.

arty-fishL 12-26-2011 06:07 PM

Major code overhaul (the one I've been putting off for ages).

I needed to do this as the code was so confusing, I was getting nothing done. This has made the code much less messy, much safer (less ambiguity, less need to track names in use) and much more professional.

This has probably introduced a bazillion hidden bugs, but I've eradicated the ones I could find. The good thing is I've fixed and updated the error messages and logging, so that helps.

Unfortunately though there are no surface changes, just mega changes under the bonnet.

jediaction 12-26-2011 06:12 PM

Awesome. You know, your system is very complicated at start, and some little kids might not be able to use it, so what is the age range that you are shooting for with this system. Everyone?

arty-fishL 12-26-2011 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;45108]Awesome. You know, your system is very complicated at start, and some little kids might not be able to use it, so what is the age range that you are shooting for with this system. Everyone?[/QUOTE]
I'm simplifying the whole thing, so hopefully everyone.

David B 12-27-2011 10:52 AM

[quote=densetsunokaboom;41055]i hope you finish this soon. You're one of the best alice programmers ever! :d[/quote]

ditto

I just wish that you had a little for time to set aside for my forum (which is slowly becoming a very active place). You would be an amazing asset!

arty-fishL 01-03-2012 12:10 PM

Latest Update

[SIZE=3][U][B]Latest Update[/B][/U][/SIZE]

[B][U]Several at 100%[/U][/B]
[I]Gloo, Texture Tools [/I]and[I] Themes[/I] are all [B]100%[/B] finished.
[B]
[U]Updating no longer works[/U][/B]
The update feature of Addons no longer works, I kinda broke it, but I realised it was inadequate anyway, so this is quite a major hurdle standing in my way.
[B]
[U]Progress on Super Scripter is Good[/U][/B]
The [I]Super Scripter[/I] is really coming along. It has some lag issues though. This will [B]not[/B] be released in the main release.

[B][U]Alternative Gallery Addon Issues - Still[/U]
[/B]What I said in my last update post above is looking increasingly likely[U][B]

Support for Jars[/B][/U]
Addons now has a Jar installation feature. This means worlds and Addons have extra support for things like the use of joysticks/game-pads (see below) with Alice.

[U][B]New Addon - JJoy[/B][/U]
I had intended to just finish what I started and not add more, but the temptation was too much. JJoy brings in support for the use of joysticks/game-pads in Alice. I will provide a little tool object (like my IOTool) that works with it. By using an Addon as well as an object it means it can receive easy updates and can also save controller configurations.
[U][B]
Major Code Overhaul[/B][/U]
As I said in a post above, major code overhaul, lots of changes to be made, lots of bugs :(.

As always, many other features not mentioned have been added, tweaked, refined and updated; progress is coming along ... gradually. :)

room14 01-03-2012 03:40 PM

JOY TO THE WORLD!(pun intended.)

arty-fishL 01-03-2012 07:28 PM

[QUOTE=room14;45230]JOY TO THE WORLD!(pun intended.)[/QUOTE]
nice

I've got the joystick input working almost properly:
[IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5613/joystickinputscreen.png[/IMG]
There's a glitch where the Z Rotational isn't working (in the image it calls itself [I]Axis 3[/I] because it fails to get the name).
It also seems to detect the motherboard as an input device (two actually), but that's not much of an issue; you could play a game with the motherboard as the controller if you really wanted to, not that it would be very easy to control.
The items above are that spaced out because on the other tab the motherboard has 256 buttons, all nicely spaced, which means the other tabs have gaps.