Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Objects (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   File I/O Tool (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6758)

arty-fishL 08-06-2011 04:06 AM

[QUOTE=Dj Tech42;40358]I think I might have fixed it! I enabled scripting on Alice and fixed the javaos.py path reference! I just need to try the actual methods now.

It worked! Thanks so much arty for creating such an awesome tool![/QUOTE]Oh, then that means everybody else already had the OS module patched, it also means that I know how to fix the tool, well done for working this out.

Jabadahut50 08-21-2011 04:16 PM

Idea?

Neat tool. I was wondering if it is possible to use this in conjunction with the save tool and world linker tools(not sure who made them) to create a in game load screen to load saves that are in different worlds. If so I am soooo using this.:D

arty-fishL 08-22-2011 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=Jabadahut50;40911]Neat tool. I was wondering if it is possible to use this in conjunction with the save tool and world linker tools(not sure who made them) to create a in game load screen to load saves that are in different worlds. If so I am soooo using this.:D[/QUOTE]This is a save tool, what do you mean by the save tool in conjunction with [I]this[/I]? The world linker tool was made by me also. This tool saves to disk, so the saves can be loaded by [B]any[/B] world.

Jabadahut50 08-22-2011 03:36 PM

oh. Whoops!

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;40932]This is a save tool, what do you mean by the save tool in conjunction with [I]this[/I]? The world linker tool was made by me also. This tool saves to disk, so the saves can be loaded by [B]any[/B] world.[/QUOTE]

oh derp i feel kinda stupid. What i was wondering is it possible to use this tool to gather info from a folder and display it within alice? I wanna make an ingame load screen. btw ur awsome.:o:D

Dj Tech42 08-23-2011 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=Jabadahut50;40938]oh derp i feel kinda stupid. What i was wondering is it possible to use this tool to gather info from a folder and display it within alice? I wanna make an ingame load screen. btw ur awsome.:o:D[/QUOTE]

Yes. :D You can look at my flight simulator to see how to use it. It's an awesome tool!

Mr Kidnapper 08-23-2011 05:47 PM

You mean those save/load slots in RPGs that show your level, HP and whatnot? I don't see why you couldn't. Use the get_value command a lot.

Jabadahut50 08-23-2011 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=Dj Tech42;40983]Yes. :D You can look at my flight simulator to see how to use it. It's an awesome tool![/QUOTE]

I have a problem with your flight simulator. every time i try to run it it always has an error and won't run.

Jabadahut50 08-23-2011 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=Mr Kidnapper;40984]You mean those save/load slots in RPGs that show your level, HP and whatnot? I don't see why you couldn't. Use the get_value command a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was thining siomilar lines as in location, time, and score for a fps game.

Dj Tech42 08-23-2011 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=Jabadahut50;40985]I have a problem with your flight simulator. every time i try to run it it always has an error and won't run.[/QUOTE]

Try going to the iOTool object and click the properties tab. You can set the paths of the files you want to load and save from in there. That should make the flight simulator work. It's set to C:\ by default on Windows and /Users/Shared on Mac.

Change the variables that have "file" in the name (current file, prefs file, calibrate file, etc.)

arty-fishL 08-24-2011 10:56 AM

New version in the works

[QUOTE=Dj Tech42;40987]Try going to the iOTool object and click the properties tab. You can set the paths of the files you want to load and save from in there. That should make the flight simulator work. It's set to C:\ by default on Windows and /Users/Shared on Mac.

Change the variables that have "file" in the name (current file, prefs file, calibrate file, etc.)[/QUOTE]That's got me thinking

I'm working on an update right now.
It features:
- An OS module patch
- More functions for use with numbers
- A function that provides the user's home directory (So the stuff Dj Tech42 is talking about can be resolved automatically)
- A function that provides the Alice directory
- Some other features.