Thread: Halo 2
View Single Post
Old
jediaction

Default 11-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Please don't, I am frantically trying to reduce lag, but I can't promise good results - there is a lot of stuff in this world and it is hard to work with it all.

What I have done so far:
- Fixed the menu (as I said in posts above).
- Renamed a lot of objects as they had stupid names that didn't reference what they actually are.
- Made many groups and grouped a lot of objects so they are easier to work with.
- Extracted loads of textures and created min, low, mid and high res versions of them.
- Imported all these textures, applied the min res textures to everything and deleted the old textures.
- Created a Performance/Quality Settings screen.
- Implemented applying quality settings.

I'm not trying to brag when I say this, but my Addons have come in very handy. I used Texture Tools to save all the textures to file and I used Gloo to stick together loads of stuff. Gloo is also very handy for making groups (it works with that too), because when there are loads of objects the object tree is impractical, Gloo also alphabetically orders the objects, so that was easier.
The reason the objects can't be renamed is after a certain size, my Alice always crashes if I rename. Thats odd but good. Thanks

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames