Thread: AODb dev update
View Single Post
Just keeping those who are interested up to date
Old
arty-fishL

Arrow Just keeping those who are interested up to date - 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM

I have done quite a lot again.

I have brought order to my site. I am now recording changes in a change log, and TODOs and pages that follow my new archetype.

I done a massive amount of background changes that I cant really talk too much about.

I have completely overhauled the code so that it is much more efficient and neat. I have set a standard by creating an archetype, a template, that all scripts should follow.

I am also creating modules to make the code much easier, it decreasing ambiguity, code length, complication and modules compile so things load a lot faster now. It also means I have quick access scripts to use. I have created a Vars module too, so that I can quickly change universally accessible variables for all scripts with little hassle.

I have made major changes to my Admin and moderator panels, including introducing and fixing a lot of backup/restore features.

I have submitted loads of worlds that have been in the "share worlds" section lately, so that it actually has content now and it actually makes use of the paging feature I implemented.

I have made it alphabetically order items by name in the AODb worlds and objects sections.

I have added the new safe file sharing sites suggested in my other thread. I have created a blacklist with dangerous sites and sites that are no longer supported (like filechimp, as it is no longer live). Items that have downloads to blacklisted sites show a disabled download button with "unavailable" in it. As before AODb downloads have a download button with blue text, supported safe sites have green text and when the mouse is hovered over them they expand to state the site they link to. External links have red text and expand to say "external download".

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬