View Single Post
Halo Release - debussybunny563
Old
debussybunny563

Lightbulb Halo Release - debussybunny563 - 07-28-2011, 04:38 AM

lol I've been putting this off for a long time. If you've read my I've been dead thread, then you know that I haven't done any Alice-related stuff recently, so I haven't done any work on this for a while.

The "engine" is practically finished (controls), but the "campaign" isn't (plot, objectives, etc.). There's also no sound; for some people sound in Alice gives an error.

I'd like to know how bad the framerate is on your computers, since I'm using a laptop, and a non-gaming one at that. Hopefully it runs smoother on your computers than it does mine.

Controls are listed in the comments that you'll find in the game. Look for the green text; it shows up as soon as you open the world.
IMPORTANT: Once you click the dot in the center of the screen, your mouse will be confined so that it doesn't go off the window. If you need your mouse "un-stuck," press 1. Also note that a larger resolution works best for gameplay. To change the resolution of the window, go to Edit > Preferences > Rendering.

Feedback is welcome. =)
Reports on the amount of lag would help too. Not much I can do to fix it though. Alice has its limitations. =\

From what Dennis Cosgrove told me, Alice 3.0 will greatly surpass 2.2. A finished version of 3.0 won't be ready for release until next year, unfortunately.

Please don't plagiarize anything. If you want to use something in here, ask me first.

I may or may not continue work on this game. On my priority list, Alice is not at the very top.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Halo_Release.a2w (11.15 MB, 96 views)

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.