View Single Post
Old
debussybunny563

Default 07-30-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
This is awesome. Please don't give this up, I've been waiting for this for a very long time. The lag can be fixed, you want it fixed - or very much reduced, ask me (I cant promise I will be fast, but I will get the job done).
I'd be very grateful if you could find a way to increase the frame rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk0973 View Post
You had me exited for a moment there. HUD and radar are genius. Cinimatics are great. Mouse locking in the center looks bad but at least it still works.

However the games frame rate is terrible, I'm running on a Windows XP Professional, and I ran jediactions Halo in Alice, better than I ran this game. It definately had some potential but... you just didn't execute it properly. The games problem is that because the frame rate is so bad I get clobbered by the elites before I can get my mouse pointed in the right direction and shoot. Please fix these errors, this game really does have potential.
Thanks for the feedback. What I don't really understand is how the lag became so great. I remember that before my "break" the fps lag wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. =\

As for the mouse locking, I don't know any Jython or whatever that can make the mouse disappear. Perhaps arty does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Wow. I've waited a long time for this. This is coming along great. Wow, I never thought, some one would do the dying animation. The game was terribly laggy though. I couldn't shoot and I died in 3 hits. Really cool though!

I have one quesiton. You did the radar. Was that X's system, or your own?
My own system; same as the one in my VERY VERY old FPS lol. If you look at the code, it's actually a pretty logical system.

st00pid lag!!! I think it's coming from the AI, which is a shame because I spent a lot of time on it, and IMO it's a great AI.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.