View Single Post
Problem with counters skipping "hits" in torus catch game
Old
todd0312

Default Problem with counters skipping "hits" in torus catch game - 11-13-2011, 04:17 AM

Hello everyone:

I am having an issue with my counters.

I have a game where the user moves a cone with his/her mouse - to catch some toruses falling from the sky. When a torus is caught, the color of both the cone and torus change. The problem is this:

My counters are skipping numbers. For example, I will miss a torus, when the counter is at 2, but no increment occurs in the "Missed counter". I miss again, and the counter skips 3 and moves to 4. The same thing is occurring with my "Caught" counter. It is very random, and I can't figure out what the problem is. SOMETIMES - it works fine, other times not. It's very random as to which number counts are skipped. It does usually occur when I make 2 catches in a row; the 2nd catch will not count. But on the 3rd catch, the counter will "skip 2" and move to "3". Occasionally, catches will not count at all.

It may be my conditions. I am really not sure.

I have attached the program - if someone (or someones) could take a look at this, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Todd
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Lab 4.a2w (253.4 KB, 23 views)