Thread: Museum Scramble
View Single Post
Museum Scramble
Old
chrytobug

Default Museum Scramble - 09-04-2015, 10:30 PM

I created this game as a final project for a class I just finished. The game a is first person word puzzle game. The player is on a field trip to the museum and gets lost. To escape the museum, the player must click on objects to discover alphabet letters, and unscramble the letters to create a word that will allow them to move to the next level. There are 4 levels of play that have different themes, and successively more difficult word scrambles.

I work as a children's librarian right now, so I wanted to make something that children might enjoy playing. The main problem people have had while playing it is my poor collision detection. When navigating the rooms in the museum, it is very easy to accidentally end up outside the room you are in. If players mainly use the left and right arrow keys, and are patient between each tap of the arrow keys, it works better. I have the collision set to go backwards if you get too close to something, but if you back into something, it bounces you back even farther, outside the game play area.

It was fun to create! I hope you enjoy. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Oh no, It looks like it is too big to upload at 59MB, how else can I share this?

Thanks,
chrytobug