Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help if you could..
Old
coolman0

Default Help if you could.. - 09-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Hi, I am not that new to Alice but I would like some help. I am not doing a simulator, just trying to get a plane to fly in a video. I am having trouble making the plane look realistic while flying. For example, when I tell the plane to move forward and up it will execute the command when I put it inside a "do together". when I put the commands inside a "do together it looks fine, but I don't want the plane to go into objects while its moving in a city. Like I want the plane to look likes its continuously flying not stopping in the air, then turning, then moving forward, then stopping. If that sounds kind of confusing I could explain it a little better?

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM

There are a couple of airplane examples in the free online tutorials at http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm I don't know if they will help or not, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look. Pay particular attention to Appendix A.

Old
coolman0

Default 09-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Thanks for your help, and I'll look at this.

Old
Ping

Default 09-22-2007, 02:57 AM

you could add waits in between your methods
like...

DO TOGETHER
{ DO TOGETHER{
plane move forward 1//1
plane move up 1//1
}
DO IN ORDER{
wait .95s
plane turn left .25//1
plane move forward 1//1
}
}
that way, there is a .05s overlap and the two blend together

Style seting of abruptly.
Old
DrJim

Arrow Style seting of abruptly. - 09-22-2007, 06:55 PM

One slightly confusing setting is the style setting for the move command. If you want smooth movement for multiple commands, set more/style to "abruptly." If you set it to "gently" the object will gain speed gently and come to a gentle stop for each command - giving the stop/start/stop/start type of behavior that was described.