Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Need Rooms for New Escape Games!!!
Old
reuben2011

Default Need Rooms for New Escape Games!!! - 03-04-2010, 01:17 AM

As some of you know, I recently made an escape the kitchen game. I want to continue making more escape games but I have no good room like objects to use. If someone could make or link me to a good room object (bathroom, elevator, etc...) that would be great! I don't care about the exterior, only the interior of the object since the game will be played inside the room.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-04-2010, 02:54 AM

How 'bout this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture01.jpg (28.0 KB, 126 views)
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Roomy.a2w (5.23 MB, 56 views)

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 03-04-2010, 06:58 AM

Im gonna make one too. x2495iiii, this is serious. I know your not suppose to help me on my game, but i dont want to post it if the frame rate is bad. Its about done but i cant test for any bugs because i cant see whats going on. I have spent 95 hours working on that game and i really want it to be worth it. Any ideas to fix the frame rate? I also have another game that Dameria has helped me with the frame rate and that one is also to big

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-04-2010, 07:44 AM

Well, if your game is too big and you can't import it to Mama, I suggest cutting the elements in the game, like extra objects, out and using recycling methods to use them in different places to get the same effect, but with lower filesize.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 03-04-2010, 07:57 AM

I have tried everything. I have deleted over 100 objects and 50 events and still trying to shorten even more. I think meirs said loops will slow the game down, im trying to pile loops. See, thats why i always hated Alice but i liekd it again. IT CAN NEVER TAKE MY GAMES. Thats why im using 9 different game making programs, but now 6

Old
meirs

Default 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I have tried everything. I have deleted over 100 objects and 50 events and still trying to shorten even more. I think meirs said loops will slow the game down, im trying to pile loops. See, thats why i always hated Alice but i liekd it again. IT CAN NEVER TAKE MY GAMES. Thats why im using 9 different game making programs, but now 6
I don't remember I said such a thing about loops slowing down the game. What I can tell you is this:
1) try importing it into Mama, if you have a problem with that send me the world so I can check it myself
2) once on Mama, you can set the frame rate of the video from the config file (see the config documentation at http://en.eytam.com/mama/doc)
3) Mama added an extra valuable keyword/instruction called assert - you use it to assert that certain conditions apply while you type your code (assert is executed only during development, and not in standalone). It is very helpful in debugging your code.

Mama is an Alice On Steroids with YouTube uploader, 3d object creator, tutorial editor, and standalone support:
http://www.eytam.com/mama

Old
jediaction

Default 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirs View Post
I don't remember I said such a thing about loops slowing down the game. What I can tell you is this:
1) try importing it into Mama, if you have a problem with that send me the world so I can check it myself
2) once on Mama, you can set the frame rate of the video from the config file (see the config documentation at http://en.eytam.com/mama/doc)
3) Mama added an extra valuable keyword/instruction called assert - you use it to assert that certain conditions apply while you type your code (assert is executed only during development, and not in standalone). It is very helpful in debugging your code.

hm. WEll its my contest project. People helping me with frame rate is not cheating! Its not the game just the frame rate. If its ok with X2495iiii and your not in the contest, ill send you my game

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-04-2010, 11:06 AM

Meirs isn't in the contest and even if he was, in this case he'd be helping with technical issues, not game content, so it'd be fine either way.

Thanks for being so helpful meirs.

(')>

Old
meirs

Default 03-04-2010, 02:34 PM

No problem, x2495iiii.
Jediaction, I sent you my email address in a private message, so use it to send me your world file and I'll see what I can do.

Mama is an Alice On Steroids with YouTube uploader, 3d object creator, tutorial editor, and standalone support:
http://www.eytam.com/mama

Old
reuben2011

Default 03-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Thanks alot of the room object. I saw the .jpg file and the room looks great! I can't wait to actually download it and see the whole thing!