Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

ITSE-1429_RLForms1
Old
WindowsManic

Lightbulb ITSE-1429_RLForms1 - 01-25-2015, 02:34 PM

I am using the Alice IDE for a class. The assignment was pretty fun. I think Alice is a great way to teach students and children programming concepts;however, I cant wait till chapter 6 when we start actually programming with Java. I am more of a C and C++ guy when it comes to programming but I am excited to learn the Java programming language. Assignment one was pretty easy. I select the pre-made functions to make the bunny glide across the screen;Afterwards, I make the bunny turn and type in the strings to make the bunny say", Hello, World".

The project was not that difficult for me. The hardest part was to figuring out how to use the functions and learning the integrated Development Environment. If I ever decided to have kids, I would surly introduce them to programming with Alice. When I was six years old, in the year 1992, I was introduced to programming with Quick Basic. To me, Alice is basic for programming concepts. Overall, Alice is a fun learning tool.

Old
Funnybone

Default 01-26-2015, 03:10 AM

Sorry for off-topic... but "WindowsManiac" sounds like you like Windows OS

Old
AliceAndConnor

Default 01-26-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnybone View Post
Sorry for off-topic... but "WindowsManiac" sounds like you like Windows OS
Yes LOL.

Anyway glad to hear it, WindowsManic! Nice to see if you had kids you'd teach them Alice. Their generation will probably be the ones that'll build the future of technology, so good idea!

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D

Itse-1429_rl
Old
WindowsManic

Default Itse-1429_rl - 01-27-2015, 06:05 PM

I do love the Windows Operating System; however, I also love playing with Linux and Mac.