Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Adding Objects to Object Gallery, Mac
Old
Redsquirrel

Default Adding Objects to Object Gallery, Mac - 10-09-2010, 09:02 AM

I saw thread for doing this on Windows, but I can't find anything on how to do it on the mac. All I want to do is add objects that I've saved within Alice to the object gallery so I can have access to the methods I've created for that object.

I would assume that I would need to find the location of the gallery on my computer, but I can't find it. I also assumed it would be in the Library, but I had no luck there. Anyone know?

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 10-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Compared to the Windows version, the Mac Alice is very buggy and is less capable, but it still works well to an extensive degree.

I have a portable Alice on my flashdrive, and also decided to download the Mac Alice, just in case the computer I was on was a Mac. Looking at it, it seems that there is a folder called Alice 2.2.app.

Once (and if) you find that folder (it may not be in the same directory as the Alice program itself), go to Contents > Required, and you should be able to follow the directions posted on the other thread from there.

I myself used to be a Mac fan (and I even have Alice installed on my Mac), but then Windows 7 came out.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
Redsquirrel

Default 10-09-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm taking a class where they use Alice to teach programming, so it's easier just to have it on my macbook than try to move the files from the school computer to my laptop for homework. When I get a new computer I'll probably just bootcamp it so I'd have both on it.

Anyway, it's a folder? Cause Alice 2.2.app should be the application itself.

One thing I've considered is that the files are hidden, and I don't know my way around the terminal that well.

Old
debussybunny563

Unhappy 10-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Hmm.

Obviously, the Alices are different for Macs, so I'm really not sure what to do then.

The next best thing would be to have a folder with all your objects in it, and whenever you want to import objects just navigate to that folder.

The work that would probably be involved with getting your objects into the local gallery wouldn't be worth it, I think.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
Redsquirrel

Default 10-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Oh well. I already created a folder for 'em like you said. I'll just do that way.