Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Conversion Question
Old
Akira101

Default Conversion Question - 10-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Since I'm using school computers and it may have certain programs to convert models, say ones that were made by google sketchup at the google 3D Warehouse, which programs could you use to convert it? And would it be all 1 large object with no subparts or with subparts? And if it was 1 big object, is there anyway to make subparts of the model?

Because my school has 3D Studio Max, which i know is one of the programs used of conversion but currently having some glitches and bugs, since its not with school protocals and its blocking or not allowing certain parts of the program to run, so i was wandering it there was any substitute to it temperarily.

And I've seen some very helpful people on the forums converting it for people like x2495iii helping out, but it prefer not to much of a bother, since probably everyone in my class will start doing it.

Thanks for any helpful posts.

-Akira101

Old
falcolobo

Exclamation 10-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Wait! They have 3d Studio max?????????????? I think the Alice website has something about that in the FAQ. Also for good measure: if I hypothetically give you a MAX file can you convert it for me if you know how to do it?

Old
Akira101

Default 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Well hypathetically speaking, but the my school which has 3D studio max, is currently having some compatability issues since schools in canada have certain rules and guidelines and its gonna take a while until the fix it up, but yeah. I could technically convert some for you, that is when i learn and know how to do it, and if i got free time.