Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Advanced Methods in Alice
Old
rkhorn

Default Advanced Methods in Alice - 12-15-2017, 11:06 PM

Did a little directing today. I built a space world with a couple of astronauts, and played around with the camera some to make it seem more cinematic.

A problem I had at first was that I'd move the camera around so much that once I made a lot of adjustments to get my objects where I wanted them, I could never get the camera back where I had the shot originally.

Finally, I remembered the PointOfView property under properties, which allows you to return the camera to its original position, or some of the last few positions you had it at, and also it's orientation. This works for objects too.

I just made sure once I got a shot, or an object where i wanted, I clicked the value next to PointOfView in properties and it saves it in the dropdown list, then you can dump that into a method for keeps as you move along by dragging PointOfView over.

Maybe there's an easier way to do this that we haven't explored yet, but this way helped me today.

Advanced Methods in Alice
Old
bloredo

Thumbs up Advanced Methods in Alice - 12-17-2017, 09:42 PM

Great job! I wish we could see what each other creates! Thanks for mentioning the Point of View. I never really thought about moving the camera to get a more cinematic look!