Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Bullet Contact?
Old
DaveDur387

Exclamation Bullet Contact? - 04-24-2008, 01:06 PM

I am making a first person shooter....i have a zombie walking around .....the gun is in the corner of the screen with a recical....the bullet is in the rectical but it is invisible (set to false). The bullet goes to the other rectical behind it (about 200m away) and comes back to the rectical......i am having a problem of how to make a code that when the bullet hits the zombie, the zombie does something (fall over method)

does anyone have any answers or do i have to keep trying myself?, because i have been trying to do this for a while...

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 04-24-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDur387 View Post
I am making a first person shooter....i have a zombie walking around .....the gun is in the corner of the screen with a recical....the bullet is in the rectical but it is invisible (set to false). The bullet goes to the other rectical behind it (about 200m away) and comes back to the rectical......i am having a problem of how to make a code that when the bullet hits the zombie, the zombie does something (fall over method)

does anyone have any answers or do i have to keep trying myself?, because i have been trying to do this for a while...
Welcome to the throng looking for solutions to collision detection problems. Go to Google and search for the following:

collision detection site:www.alice.org/community

You will probably find more material on collision detection than you have the time to read

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 04-24-2008 at 06:33 PM.