Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

ITSE-1429_RLForms2
Old
WindowsManic

Lightbulb ITSE-1429_RLForms2 - 01-31-2015, 11:01 PM

I had a little trouble completing Assignment 2. I am more used to playing around with 2d programming then 3d stuff. I choose to create the penguin project on page 21,LEWIS JOHN, DEPASQUALE PETER,Alice & Java,2009. The first thing I did was create the three trees in the background. Afterwards, I created the frozen lake and the penguin.The part that confused me was the process of creating the thin ice that the penguin will fall into. I created the thin ice with the shapes classes;however, my frozen lake covered my circle. After playing around with it, I found out that my circle needed to be raised on the Z axis to be seen above the frozen lake.Once I figured that out, The project was a piece of cake for me. The penguin walked to the lake, slightly lean forward at the tip of the thin ice and fell into the water under the frozen lake. I enjoyed this project because it got me to think outside of the box. I cant wait for the next assignment!

Last edited by WindowsManic; 01-31-2015 at 11:06 PM.