Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

universal parameter
Old
karel

Default universal parameter - 10-06-2008, 06:42 AM

I want to create a world full of tiles, and an object walking on them. Now I have a colorsensor connected to alice which gives colorvalues in numers 0 to 17.

I want to change the color of the tile where the object is standing on to the value of the color sensor. But when I move to a different block I want to that to be given a different color regarding to whatever the colorsensor gives.

I want to use some sort of a collide statement which checks if the object is colliding with ANYTHING. If it is colliding(it is on op of something (anything) it needs to change that objects color.

How do I create that universal anything ??? can I do it with treshold? or should I us some sort of universal parameter?

HELP?

Old
DrJim

Default 10-08-2008, 04:37 PM

I don't really understand all your question - but briefly, in Alice you cannot create a "universal" parameter. Parameters are assocated with specific methods.

You can create a "world" variable - which is essentially universal, since the world is always running. It can then be passed to a method when the method is called.