Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Gesture Recognition
Old
cardsfan527

Talking Gesture Recognition - 01-09-2010, 02:50 AM

While playing with my iphone, I began to wonder if I could make something on alice that could recognize gestures. This is still pretty rough, but I think it is one of the cooler things I have seen alice do. Just click and hold the mouse while moving from top to bottom to create a one, from left to right to left to right to make a two, and once more back to the left to make a three. (If that was confusing, you just act like you are writing the numbers) I am going to try to add more numbers later. I hope you like it. Please post back with suggestions or comments.

PS- for best results, don't move the mouse extremely fast and make exaggerated motions.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w number recognition.a2w (69.7 KB, 7 views)

Old
zarfang8

Default 01-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Ok, I looked at it, but when I clicked and made the three, the two, and the one, nothing happened.
I'm not sure why this is.

I think I am missing something.

Last edited by zarfang8; 01-09-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Old
cardsfan527

Red face 01-09-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm sorry. I forgot to say that you want to adjust your world screen to be as big as it can without cutting anything off. Also, remember to hold the mouse button while drawing the numbers.

Old
cardsfan527

Thumbs up 01-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Here is my newest version of the gesture recognition engine. It now can do 0-4. Remember to hold the mouse button while making the number and to adjust the world view to its maximum size that doesn't cut anything off.

PS- to make a zero, make a fat counterclockwise 0, and to make a four, make the straight down part first, then release the button and click again in the top right corner to make the hook thing.

PPS- Isn't this file size tiny? I guess that is what happens when your only object is 3d text
Attached Files
File Type: a2w number recognition.a2w (141.0 KB, 6 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Fascinating...you made this AND the radar? I'm looking forward to seeing what other neat stuff you can make with Alice.

I'd love to see if you could come up with a way to recognize if the mouse cursor is hovering over a moving object.

(')>

Old
cardsfan527

Smile 01-09-2010, 07:20 PM

Thanks x2495iiii. I might try that. It kind of sounds like a mixture of the two projects. If I think of anything I will post it.