Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Export as web page problems
Old
SusanC

Default Export as web page problems - 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM

I am working on a Mac Book Pro running OS X (Snow Leopard)with Parallels running a Virtual Windows XP machine. I do my Alice development on the Mac. I created an Alice world and exported it as a web page. Then I uploaded the folder to my school's server. I tried to access it via the URL using Firefox but it wouldn't render. I went to the Win XP virtual machine and tried again using IE. When it still wouldn't render I followed all the steps to download and install all the Java components. I can now double click on the html file (on either the Mac or Windows side) and the browser will start and the Alice world runs. But, if I first start the browser and then enter the URL I still cannot get the world to run.
URL: http://users.hartwick.edu/carbones/S...r_Routine.html
Screen shot of what I see is attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-03-24 at 1.59.33 PM.jpg (11.7 KB, 23 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM

Apparently the Export as Web page function has never worked, which beg the question: why did the Alice Team include it as an option if they knew it didn't work? Seems silly to me...

Oh well.

If you absolutely must have your program as a standalone or as a pseudo-standalone, you can download Mama, convert your .a2w file into a .mam file, then export it as a standalone, or you can visit the Alice player thread here (though this requires that the user have Alice installed).

http://www.alice.org/community/showt...ting+apparatus

(')>

Really? It doesn't work?
Old
SusanC

Default Really? It doesn't work? - 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM

I spent HOURS on this trying to view an Alice program as a web page -- funny, it works on my machine -- if I double click the html file it opens the browser and all is well -- it only won't work if I navigate to the URL when I post it on a server. I just wanted my students to be able to share their work. Arg.