Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Working with variables
Old
Shibble

Default Working with variables - 10-17-2011, 11:13 AM

Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out with a little project for school..

Here's the thing :

For my tic tac toe game i want the game to generate a random number 0 or 1 for who can play first. That part i have. But now i want to import that variable into another method and work with that if it makes sense.

To clarify :

In "world" i have a method that generates a random number. say : PlayerTurnFirst (variable)

in "cube1" i have a method with an if/else statement saying if "PlayerTurnFirst" is 1, then setText to X .. else if "PlayerTurnfirst" is 0, setText to O.

But i just can't seem to get that "PlayerTurnFirst" variable that i created in the world into the cube method.

So does anyone know how to make that variable accesable in every method ?

Thanks in advance !

(Sorry if my English is a bit off)

Old
ZoiieeMadden

Default 10-27-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibble View Post
Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out with a little project for school..

Here's the thing :

For my tic tac toe game i want the game to generate a random number 0 or 1 for who can play first. That part i have. But now i want to import that variable into another method and work with that if it makes sense.

To clarify :

In "world" i have a method that generates a random number. say : PlayerTurnFirst (variable)

in "cube1" i have a method with an if/else statement saying if "PlayerTurnFirst" is 1, then setText to X .. else if "PlayerTurnfirst" is 0, setText to O.

But i just can't seem to get that "PlayerTurnFirst" variable that i created in the world into the cube method.

So does anyone know how to make that variable accesable in every method ?

Thanks in advance !

(Sorry if my English is a bit off)

If I was in your shoes, I would click the create the variable button, on the class property window you have to set the variable so that it can be referenced by any method for unlimited number of times.

Hope this helps.