Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-06-2010, 10:30 AM

Yeah, but like I said, you have to take relativity into account.

Say I have the player press the up key to move forward. If the chicken is in front of them, they'll move closer to it, meaning the dot should move down, towards the player's center icon on the map. But what if the chicken is to the left of the player? The player will be pressing the same button, initiating the same events, but the chicken will be in a different spot relative to the player, so the dot can't move the same way as it would if the player were moving towards it. Because of this, I need some way to track the chicken relative to the player while the player is moving.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-06-2010, 10:39 AM

Yah well, there must be a way to stop that from happening

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
cardsfan527

Talking 01-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Hey I was able to find time to make it, and not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I think it is pretty good. The enemies will show up if within 100 meters in front or to both sides of the bunny. The only thing I didn't do is make the dots not appear if they are off the map, instead the dots just appear in space, but this can be fixed by a if dot is within x meters of square set opacity to 0. Hope you like it. Please post a response, so I know you got it, and hopefully your final project sometime so I can see how it turns out.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w map.a2w (1.91 MB, 13 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Wow! I'm very impressed. That's a great example, cardsfan527.

My idea was for more of a real time tracker, but yours is more like a radar, and I have to say I like it. It probably cuts down on the processor power it takes to track the enemies as well by not checking constantly, but at intervals. All in all, great work!

(')>

Old
cardsfan527

Thumbs up 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks x2495iiii. I hope it can help bluecomp5 make his world. Just to finish the job, I went ahead and made the dots only appear if they are on the map. Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: a2w map2.a2w (1.89 MB, 14 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM

Wow good job, can i use this for my games

Old
cardsfan527

Cool 01-08-2010, 12:15 AM

Yeah. Sure. I love your games and would be happy to help make them even better than they already are.

Old
jediaction

Default 01-08-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks, then ill use it on my Heros games. I know its a first person and FPS games are starting to get old, but when im done with this Hero;s game, i might not make another. I posted a thread with a link to all my games, whoever wants to see all of them, go ahead. Im trying to make a SUPRISE game thats so new on this Alice community that no one has posted. I dont know what to make it.

Ive made

FPS
RPG
3rd Person
MIrrors edge
game creator
Windows Alice

i need to make the Mission 2 of Hero;s really good, and im making a multiplayer game, but when i say that, is like Call fo duty online. You go around and shoot computers, realistically. I just ont feal like my games are good enough, i just dont fell like i have made enough options for games or even games themselves

Im just going to make the Mission 2 beta game like perfect. But then again its First person shooting. im going to finish all my other games then start new ones, i cant leave them unfinished

Old
jediaction

Default 01-08-2010, 06:51 PM

I dont want to restart my entire mission 2 game in the map game, and i cant remake the code and objects in my game, so how can i do it...but if anyone can remake this map system in my mission 2 hero;s game for my enemies, i would be so GRATEFUL!!!!!!so please respond

Old
cardsfan527

Default 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Might be kind of hard for me to do this since I didn't make the game, so I am not familiar with this, but al you need to do is:

1) have a method when world starts to move two dummies frowards and to the side of the main character

3)insert the square for the box and a dot for each enemy

2) and copy the radar (distance method), replacing everytime you see a "rabbit" with your enemy object