Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Latest Project Preview
Old
arty-fishL

Lightbulb Latest Project Preview - 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM

I thought I would release a small preview of my latest project in the form of a screencast.

> WATCH IT HERE <

Arty-fishL Addons for Alice. A platform that allows addons to be installed into Alice to enhance user experience.

Addons so far (updated 3 Jan 2011):

Gloo - Finished! Allows objects to be merged together.

Texture Tools - Finished! A set of tools that allow you to easily modify textures within Alice.

Themes - Finished! Customise Alice with themes, they change colours and appearance at the click of a button, in fact you can preview just by hovering over the button.

AODb Toolbox - midway in development. A set of quick access tools for the AODb. Also featuring easy submission, so the AODb can start filling up, because its easy to add stuff to it with this addon.

Alternative Gallery - mostly finished, but now its looking impossible to get round a major glitch I'm stuck on. Changes the built in web gallery to my server, so I can add all the community objects to it as well as the normal stuff.

Alice CMD - This new addon could be making its way into the project sometime in the near future, but for now it is in its early days and will not be released with the main release, therefore nothing more will be said about it.

JJoy - New! A framework that I will be making an object tool for - to work with it. Allows for joystick/game-pad input to worlds.

All Addons are subject to change, some featured in the preview may not be released (although probably will be). Zone was going to do this ages ago, but looks like he forgot or gave up.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Last edited by arty-fishL; 01-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Old
legolizard

Default 07-03-2011, 06:22 PM

That is pretty cool arty-fishL, and a little off-topic,but the warping effect when you clicked was pretty cool as well.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Old
arty-fishL

Default 07-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolizard View Post
That is pretty cool arty-fishL, and a little off-topic,but the warping effect when you clicked was pretty cool as well.
Thanks. I'm accepting any suggestions for addons or themes, ideas are always good.

The warping effect was done in Camtasia (the screen recording software). I had right click set to ripple, but I never right clicked in the video.

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
labtek9

Default 07-03-2011, 06:44 PM

Wow! I have something to look forward to. Any idea of a release date?

Roar Face! >:O

Circle Buddy!

Old
arty-fishL

Talking 07-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labtek9 View Post
Wow! I have something to look forward to. Any idea of a release date?
Hi Labtek, I'm sure you've not been on in a while (unless I missed you), so hi again.

The good thing about this is I can release the platform and any number of addons, then release the other ones later when they're finished.
The actual platform still needs finished, Themes and Gloo need some touch ups and I hope to include the AODb Toolbox, but that requires the AODb to be modified.
This shouldn't take too long though and once I've got the updating system working it should be fairly easy to release regular updates if anything is unfinished or glitchy.
I want to initially release it to only a few people for beta testing, so I don't get a thread filled with fails and confuse loads of people.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 07-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Now you've got me wondering on how to make a theme. Perhaps how to replace Lidell with Margatroid, or other picture that altogether replaces Alice as the mascot for the program icon and splash screen.
Edit: Any way to get Alice to use a different lib/alice.jar when using different alice styles? I've already changed the splash screen. Seems the only requirement is to use JPG and have a good 20 solid color pixels on the bottom of the image to fit the loading progress and build numbers. If only it used PNG or GIF, then I would have gone fancy like Photoshop is for theirs.

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 07-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Old
arty-fishL

Lightbulb 07-04-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
Now you've got me wondering on how to make a theme. Perhaps how to replace Lidell with Margatroid, or other picture that altogether replaces Alice as the mascot for the program icon and splash screen.
Edit: Any way to get Alice to use a different lib/alice.jar when using different alice styles? I've already changed the splash screen. Seems the only requirement is to use JPG and have a good 20 solid color pixels on the bottom of the image to fit the loading progress and build numbers. If only it used PNG or GIF, then I would have gone fancy like Photoshop is for theirs.
The themes I have created only change colours and not images, you can create one if you want when I release it, they aren't hard, just a jython dictionary full of keys (preset strings that I have linked to elements in the window) and their representative values, such as java.awt.color.BLACK etc.

As for changing the images in Alice, I'm not sure this can be linked to styles, but it can be done by modifying the jar. I've posted this somewhere before and I've got a YouTube video that I made linked to the thread. Unfortunately I made it a while back, when I didn't have Camtasia, so the quality is low, nevertheless - its here if you want it. If anybody can find the thread it would help greatly.

EDIT - found the thread - its splattered about David B's "Cool Alice Hacks!" thread
To see some images look at these posts - POST 21, POST 22

Last edited by arty-fishL; 07-04-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Old
labtek9

Default 07-04-2011, 09:55 AM

I have been gone for a while, Hi!

Ok ill be sure to be the first to get the first stable version

Roar Face! >:O

Circle Buddy!

Old
jediaction

Default 07-04-2011, 10:45 AM

How in the world do you do this! Themes! You should work for the Alice team, you could so be helpful. Good job!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM

*pewpewpewpew brain implosion pewpewpewpew*

You are one of the greatest Alice programmers to ever walk the surface of the star Proxima Centauri.

Good job, I can't wait to see this in action.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Tags
addon, awesomeness, extension, gloo, plugin, theme, x2495jjjj