Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Bowling Game
Old
jackH66

Unhappy Bowling Game - 04-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Milone dog assigned me with an assingment to make a bowling game , i am having a bit of difficulty with making the method for if the ball goes out of bounds, you have to retry. . Can someone help me please?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w bowlz.a2w (484.6 KB, 47 views)

Suggestions
Old
MrMoke

Default Suggestions - 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM

Boundaries are the most difficult as they are dependent on proximity to the center point of a given object. Each section of alley has only a single center point, so depending on the direction of the L/R axis, checking if the ball is too far left or right might work for your alley list. The other alternative is to surround the alley with smaller objects, put them into a list, and not let the ball get too close to them using forAllTogethers.

You should also build a world list similar to your alley list for the pins, or they will never fall down.

You will need to have more control over the ball, so you should build seperate keyboard "while key is pressed" event methods for each direction(forward, left, right).

Last edited by MrMoke; 04-30-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Tags
bowling, fun, game, milone dog