Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Make interactive tutorial like those that come with Alice
Old
markandeya

Default Make interactive tutorial like those that come with Alice - 08-20-2012, 01:21 AM

I would like to try and make a tutorial for Alice that runs inside Alice like the tutorials that come with Alice, Ice Skater, etc. There seems to be a shield or layer over the Alice window with openings just for what needs to be clicked or dragged. hen clicking next then one can program to see if the directions were followed correctly. Does anyone know how these tutorials were made? I have seen many other outside tutorials but none that worked interactively inside Alice. Thanks much for any info, ,ideas or suggestions. Markandeya

Creating tutorial
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default Creating tutorial - 08-21-2012, 10:27 AM

As a starter, look inside the Required directory in the Alice download, and look specifically at the Tutorial and the Tutorial Worlds directory that is there. In the Tutorial directory, you will see .stl files that are essentially the scripts for the tutorials, and the accompanying tutorial worlds are in the accompanying folder.

You may also wish to contact Dr Steve Cooper at Stanford University, coopers@cs.cmu.stanford.edu who has had students create tutorials.

Good luck

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University