Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

help needed in making an fps game!
Old
ash844677

Default help needed in making an fps game! - 11-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Ok so im making an fps game and i can't figure out how to put a crosshair in for aim. Any help will be appreciated!

You have to make one first
Old
MrMoke

Cool You have to make one first - 11-14-2013, 03:42 PM

I don't remember seeing anything like that in the Objects, although someone may have one stashed somewhere.
A possible solution is to make the design using a graphic editor like Gimp or Photoshop, making sure to set the background transparent. Then import the image as a billboard. If you place an object like this in front of the camera, and make the camera it's vehicle, you should be ready to roll.
The closer you move the image to the camera, the smaller it needs to be, and you can move into and out of view easily.

Forgot- Don't save it in formats like JPEG that don't support transparency. Use PNG or GIF.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An easier option might be to add a Torus. Shrink, color, reposition, and lock to camera.

Last edited by MrMoke; 11-15-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Added Info

Old
ash844677

Default 11-15-2013, 12:19 PM

Actually I found another way! If you just google crosshair, go to images, open image in new tab and THEN save it and import it into alice as billboard, it comes without a background. Thanks though!

cool
Old
MrMoke

Default cool - 11-16-2013, 09:03 AM

:d

Tags
fps, game