Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Lordelwood

Default 04-26-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben2011 View Post
Maybe in the "while the key is pressed", you could have the initial jump in the "start" part of of the event, you could have the user to continue to "rise" in the air as long as the key is pressed, and you can have the landing sequence in the "ending" part of the "while the key is pressed event."
i was thinking about that, but i don't want the user to make this guy jump ungodly high, i just want a nice short little jump, but repeatedly
i was wondering if there was a function that can ask if the button is pressed, and put it into a while statement, while button is pressed, loop this code, or check to see if its still pressed at the end of the code, and if it is, run the code again, and keep checking at the end of the code... like maybe create a variable that that is all the jump command does is turn it to true, then have a while jump value = true, do jump... could that work?

Old
sfunk

Default 04-28-2011, 06:52 PM

here is an example world to help you, just use boolean variables, it will make this alot easier for you
Attached Files
File Type: a2w jumphelp.a2w (190.0 KB, 7 views)

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Last edited by sfunk; 04-28-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Old
Lordelwood

Default 04-29-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
here is an example world to help you, just use boolean variables, it will make this alot easier for you
ok, ill try that, it looks pretty good for now, i just wish there was a way that it would do a full jump, even if you let go early. cause this is great and all, but if you let go of the up arrow, he just goes back to the starting position, even if hes not at max height of the jump
but once again, this will work alot better than what i had and i will use it, guess im more wondering if anyone has more or less ever tried that

Old
sfunk

Default 04-29-2011, 11:13 PM

you could set a max and min for the character, and have it so he has to jump up to that point before the boolean takes affect allowing a full jump to commence before terminating the method, in theory that shoulf work, in application might be a lot harder than that.

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Old
Lordelwood

Default 05-04-2011, 10:32 AM

ok so its been a while since my last post, havent worked on this as much as i would have liked, but i did get a couple things done.
i have the jump working better, i took sfunks idea, not the boolean yet, gona work with this till i get the project ready to turn in. have a collision so you cant walk through your enemy, getting ready to work on a crouch method and set up dummy objects for punch and kicks... its starting to look good

The King of Combat

Old
Lordelwood

Default 05-04-2011, 09:56 PM

ok, since i dont know how to add a poll to my topic, im just going to do this. taking my time line into consideration, how should i do the computer fighter

A) go all out using algorithms that sees what your doing and make a move and can pull combos out the wazoo
B) picks randomly whether it does a move or move, and randomly which move
C) has a 40% chance of attacking 15% of repositioning 45% of blocking
D) other

Old
sfunk

Default 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM

I would suggest just using number variables so for example if you press a certain letter such as "A" to have it kick, and then using a variable, have it set the value to "random number" and put an arguement for it so it only chooses a random number between a certain value, and depending on value the random number chooses, will allow for certain amount of damage, and for combos, set aa variable counter for moves or whatever you want to call it, then have the value increase by one, and everytime it increases , having the attack button a different move you hit it each time until you pull away from your attack setting the value back to zero so the combo can start back over.

Or..

Old
Lordelwood

Default 05-06-2011, 08:39 PM

alright, another update in this oncoming game...
an error
i dont know why its erroring out, but it does when you try to click start in the opening menu.
beside that, i mainly worked on the menu layout, and got a crouch command and a crouch punch programed
so yeah if anyone could please help with the error, it would be much appreciated

The king of Combat v4 i think

Old
Lordelwood

Default 05-06-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
I would suggest just using number variables so for example if you press a certain letter such as "A" to have it kick, and then using a variable, have it set the value to "random number" and put an arguement for it so it only chooses a random number between a certain value, and depending on value the random number chooses, will allow for certain amount of damage, and for combos, set aa variable counter for moves or whatever you want to call it, then have the value increase by one, and everytime it increases , having the attack button a different move you hit it each time until you pull away from your attack setting the value back to zero so the combo can start back over.
ok, i see what your getting at, but im on a time-line, so i was thinking just have the damage be set, i was more wondering about how to move the enemy, make him move randomly or what. i dont know a thing about enemy coding when it comes to fighting games and how they normal work

Old
sfunk

Default 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM

well you could have it so if the opponent is within lets say 10 meters of player, opponent will start attack animation(have in during world is running, then in the else section have if opponent is greater than 10 meters away from player, move toawrds player.

Or..