Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?

Beta version 2.0 is here!
Old
David B

Exclamation Beta version 2.0 is here! - 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
I will be releasing beta 2 within the next hour, so please wait if you are going to help me out. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben2011 View Post
Did beta 1.75 work for you? Also, it's been over an hour. =P
I know. It has been longer than an hour. I am sorry. I was destracted by a friend who wanted me to help him on a project, so I had to abandon posting Beta 2.0 until now. Yes. Beta 1.75 worked for me. I am sorry for the inconvinences I may have caused many of you. Please feel free to upload sub-betas if you have managed to improve them. The next sub-beta should be 2.1, then 2.2, and so on. Thank you for you patience! I am sorry again. Thank you!

P.S.: My birthday is tomorrow!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Live Clock Beta Version 2.0.a2w (256.4 KB, 11 views)

Old
David B

Default 02-26-2011, 08:48 AM

Did anybody try it out? If so, does it work?

P.S.: Today is my birthday!

Old
David B

Default 02-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Can somebody please help me check beta 2.0 for bugs? I am looking for them myself, and have found one, but I don't know how to fix it. Help would be appreciated. The bug is that when you run the stopwatch, and hit puase, restart it, and pause it again, the restart button doesn't work. Also, I am trying to get a system in place that enables you to reset the stopwatch without needing to restart Alice. Help making these dreams reality is much appreciated. If you find a bug in version 2.0, and wish to correct it and re-upload it, please name it Live Clock Beta 2.1. Thank you to all of you that have helped me so far. I would still be struggling with the stopwatch's annoying 5.52389083790736837 if it wasn't for you.

I would like to give a special thanks to the following members of the Alice Community Forums for helping my Live Clock be the best it can be. The members who have helped me are:

1.) Dameria
2.) reuben2011

Download Live Clock Beta 2.0

Old
reuben2011

Default 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM

I made a long post but it got deleted because I got automatically logged out (without knowing) after a certain amount of minutes of inactivity. Anyways I noticed three problems.

1) The clock. If its something like 7:09:05, it will display 7:9:5.
2) The timer continues even when it is paused.
3) The timer doesn't restart the time every time the application is opened.

Solutions (with respect to the numbered problems
1) Concatenate a "0" to the minute or second if it is less than 10.
2 & 3) Create an offset variable, set it to time elapsed in the beginning of the program (or where ever needed), and display the time as elapsed time minus the offset.

See if you can fix these solutions yourself first using the advice I gave. If you are still having difficulty implementing these solutions, just say so in the this thread and I'll see if I can do it myself.
~Best of luck

Projects
-Escape the Kitchen
-That ninja animation
-Hill Collision

Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?

Old
David B

Default 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben2011 View Post
I made a long post but it got deleted because I got automatically logged out (without knowing) after a certain amount of minutes of inactivity. Anyways I noticed three problems.

1) The clock. If its something like 7:09:05, it will display 7:9:5.
2) The timer continues even when it is paused.
3) The timer doesn't restart the time every time the application is opened.

Solutions (with respect to the numbered problems
1) Concatenate a "0" to the minute or second if it is less than 10.
2 & 3) Create an offset variable, set it to time elapsed in the beginning of the program (or where ever needed), and display the time as elapsed time minus the offset.

See if you can fix these solutions yourself first using the advice I gave. If you are still having difficulty implementing these solutions, just say so in the this thread and I'll see if I can do it myself.
~Best of luck
Thanks! I haven't started Beta Version 3 yet, but when I do, I will be sure to try out at fixing these problems. I already know how to fix a few of them, but some of the other ones look more challenging.

Old
David B

Default 03-05-2011, 07:42 PM

I know I haven't posted an update to this thread lately, but as soon as I finish Beta Version 3, I will get the action on this thread started again. Be sure to stay tuned to this thread for more information.

Potential changes to be made to the stopwatch system in live clock beta version 3.0!
Old
David B

Exclamation Potential changes to be made to the stopwatch system in live clock beta version 3.0! - 03-06-2011, 01:46 PM

I was just sitting around one day posting random posts on the Alice Forums, thinking about all of the problems people that have tried out my stopwatch had had with it, when it hit me. I plan to scrap the entire stopwatch system currently in place, totally rebuild it for Beta Version 3. I know WHAT I want to do, and HOW to do it, but for some reason, I can't find the words to EXPLAIN what I want to do. I hope that later tonight I will be able to post an example of this stopwatch I speak of later tonight, but I don't have time right now.

Old
David B

Default 03-06-2011, 09:45 PM

Live Clock Beta Version 3 is in the process of being developed. Please do not post your own beta versions of the live clock at this time, as all of them will be ignored. Please continue to test Beta Version 3 for bugs, and post the issues here. Chances that any bug reports you submit now will be fixed in Beta Version 4, and not in Beta Version 3. Once again, if you find a bug in the clock, do not fix it and upload it here, but simply report it. You also have the option of waiting until Beta Version 3 is released, and fixing it then, but the most prefered way of dealing with found bugs is simply reporting them. Thank you to all of you who take the time to review and report bugs.

Live Clock Beta Version 3.0 Is Here!
Old
David B

Exclamation Live Clock Beta Version 3.0 Is Here! - 03-07-2011, 09:10 AM

After about a week of testing Live Clock Beta Version 2.0 out, Live Clock Beta Version 3.0 is here! You may release your own sub-betas if you wish. Each sub-beta should be based off of the latest sub-beta released. For each sub-beta released, the number after the decimal point will increment by one. (eg. 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.11, and so on) I am well aware that this beta version has some bugs in it, but I am trying to fix them in beta version 4.0, but for now, I will allow those of you on the forums to do some bug-checking yourself. Please report any bugs you find, or create a sub-beta and fix those bugs yourself. I will give some time before I begin working on Live Clock Beta Version 4.0. Beta Version 3.0 contains bugs that, if you fix, I will greatly appreciate. Also, sometime in the future, I plan to release an Alice world that features how my new envisioned stopwatch system will work. This Beta Version does not contain the new stopwatch system, and is still running the original system that I created back in Live Clock Beta Version 1.0. The system I am planning will probably not be encorperated into Live Clock Beta Version 4.0 or 5.0. I expcect that the improved version of the stopwatch will be released in Live Clock Beta Version 6.0. Some of you may ask why I am going to release my new stopwatch system as a seperate program before adding it to the main program. My reason for doing this is simple: This stopwatch that I plan to make, based on my knowledge of Alice, should work, but in the event that it does not work, I want to be able to still have the still buggy, yet good enough stopwatch to revert back to. To make sure that bug reports for the new stopwatch stay seperate from the bug reports for the main Live Clock Beta bug reports, I will post the timer in a seperate thread, and post a link to it here. So ... what is new in Live Clock Beta Version 3.0?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

New features in Live Clock Beta Version 3.0.

1.) Reuben reported a bug that I already knew about but hadn't had the intention to fix it until he reported it. The bug was that the second and minute on the clock, when they were in single digits, didn't show the extra zero at the begining for example, at 7:00:05 AM, the clock would display 7:0:5.

2.) This feature isn't complete, but I started working on it. This feature is very buggy, and isn't working very well. When you select the clock from the menu, the option for a 12 hour or 24 hour clock comes up. For some reason, the buttons don't work, so if you want to release a sub-beta of the Live Clock, please try to fix this problem. I tried to fix it myself, but nothing worked. I am not sure why.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Please help us make the final release of the Live Clock better by reporting any and all bugs, or by releasing sub-betas. The next sub-beta to be released should be named Live Clock Beta Version 3.1. Also, be sure to post that you are working on a sub-beta before you start working on it so that way multiple sub-betas based off of the same version of the Live Clock are not uploaded. This would cause confusion that we do not need or want.

Thank you for your patience waiting for Live Clock Beta Version 3.0 to be released. Also, thank you for your patience with this long post.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Live Clock Beta Version 3.0.a2w (355.5 KB, 12 views)