Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
shaydon

Default 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM

k no guns no people no vehicles no aircraft no nohing
its not the objects its how people use them!

Old
jediaction

Default 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM

Who me? Im not trying to be violent. A-TOM studios next game will not be an FPS. Were talking Sports

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
shaydon

Default 03-18-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoteck View Post
This is the result of Alice programming???..."to create a atmosphere of violence"...the programmers never intended for Alice to be used in a derogatory manner...no offense shaydon....but isn't there some other 3d objects that would be more interesting to children who visit this site? Jedi...you should know better too...violence and Alice in the forums is not the perspective meaning to programming for future generations...When you construct a platform and use a violent vehicle to issue the idea planted into young minds...you have lost the integrity of the program entirely to instigate a violent act which is against the Alice rules and regs..

The Professor
if every one had to have no violence in their games half the games on alice community would have to be deleted

if the whole world had to have no violence in their games we wouldn't see
modern warfare 2,far cry2,resident penguin,counterstrike............................. .................................................. ......................the list goes on and on

Old
shaydon

Default 03-18-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Who me? Im not trying to be violent. A-TOM studios next game will not be an FPS. Were talking Sports
so much for top secret

i know violence is not good but contained violence is all rite e.g punching a pillow ,video games

as long as people dont carry this kind of behaviour out into real life

Old
jediaction

Default 03-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Hey, this is not about the company anymore. I wanna finish this game, then leave it, not make Episode II.

Old
shaydon

Default 03-18-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Hey, this is not about the company anymore. I wanna finish this game, then leave it, not make Episode II.
???? wat r u talking about read the posts before you reply

Old
jediaction

Default 03-18-2010, 08:11 PM

I know what the posts say, im just making a point. Please, i STOP THIS FIGHT. ITS OVER

Old
shaydon

Default 03-18-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I know what the posts say, im just making a point. Please, i STOP THIS FIGHT. ITS OVER
tell it to autotech he started it

Old
Niteshifter

Default 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoteck View Post
This is the result of Alice programming???..."to create a atmosphere of violence"...the programmers never intended for Alice to be used in a derogatory manner...no offense shaydon....but isn't there some other 3d objects that would be more interesting to children who visit this site? Jedi...you should know better too...violence and Alice in the forums is not the perspective meaning to programming for future generations...When you construct a platform and use a violent vehicle to issue the idea planted into young minds...you have lost the integrity of the program entirely to instigate a violent act which is against the Alice rules and regs..

The Professor
There are many mathematical and programming aspects that go into programming a first person shooter that I'm fairly sure you don't understand. I've seen the development of a place that wanted to promote programming and one of the main games they have is a shooting game. After a few years, these shooting games got so advanced to the point where the guns had used trigonometry so the projectiles had an arc to them, there was AI implemented and quite a lot more features which all came from people who barely knew programming when they started.

Now, I'm not saying that this genre of games are the only ones to do since the same place also made other games such as tetris, solitaire, etc. but there is both very advanced math (such as calculus) and advanced programming that can go into shooter games and I'm very surprised that you, as a professor nonetheless, had no clue about this.

I would also suggest that you don't act like you are part of the administration as you are not and therefore you can't give warnings on behalf of those that are in the administration. There's also no rule or regulation that suggests that shooter games either need specific permission from the Alice team to make or that you are restricted to certain genres, so I suggest you back up your claims with proof before stating them.

Old
shaydon

Default 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM

go niteshifter

even the moderator makes shooter games