Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help with Chapter 4 frog escape example.
Old
kjobrien

Default Help with Chapter 4 frog escape example. - 06-25-2010, 03:38 PM

Frog Escape. At a local lily pond, the frogs (in Animal folder) enjoy climbing out of the water to warm up in the sun. They get a bit jumpy when a predator is sighted. In this movie, a hungry snake (Animals) wanders into the scene
The snake is off camera.
Complete the program as described.Animate the frogs jumping into the pond when the snake approaches them. Write a method that turns the snake toward a frog and slides the snake forward. Then, have the frog turn to the pond and jump in. The method should use a parameter to specify which frog is escaping.

The point of this exercise is to create some world level methods that use parameters.

What I am trying to figure out is how do I write something that lats the frigs know that the snake is within a certian distace and it time to turn and run.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w 6. Frog Escape.a2w (3.20 MB, 222 views)

Old
rich0e0rick

Default 06-26-2010, 02:16 PM

I'm on the old computer right now, so i wont even bother opening the file

but if I'm not mistaken, didn't i answer this exact question for your other exercise about the snowman "Need help with loops and specifically for this world at this point "?

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4650

the only thing you have to change is (distance away > than) to (distance away < than) and then make the frog turn toward the pond and jump

I would have put money on the fact that this exercise would have been extremely easy for you now that you had just done the same thing.

maybe im seeing the question wrong.

im back!!! FINNALY!!! got windows working on my mac again!!!

Maybe, but I think its diffrent
Old
kjobrien

Default Maybe, but I think its diffrent - 06-26-2010, 05:37 PM

I guess I am just confuested about using the parametrs statement in the question. Ive been out all day cutting trees down (was a big storm here). I dont know exactly how I am going to do this still I am going to try your suggestions. I thinki have to play around with it more I have been so busy. I will let you know what happens thanks for replying

Old
Pinkiepony

Default 03-15-2013, 10:22 AM

Here's mine!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w frogescape.a2w (4.13 MB, 16 views)