Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

If/Else Issues
Old
wolverine1190

Default If/Else Issues - 09-23-2009, 10:00 PM

Alright, so I have a class where we are starting off programming with Alice. For the class, you are expected to have some programming experience... I've done some VB, but that's not much. But hey! Alice is easy, right? Well, I've been learning on my own and trying to do my homework. We have to make a movie, essentially, in Alice that has some user input.

I am having issues with the If/Else statement. I ask the user whether an object in the movie should be "good" or "bad," their choice causing different events to follow. So what I want to do is:

If (user input = good) Then:

Do world.good

Else

Do world.bad

So I can't seem to get this to work. I know for an if/else to work it is based off of the condition you give it. Where do you put the condition? I'm used to typing the condition in VB (eg. If x = 5 then ...) But I can't seem to do anything like this.

Any help is really appreciated, I know I'm a complete noob at this XD. And please, if you do offer help, walk me through step by step . Thanks

Old
dubastot

Default 09-24-2009, 06:16 AM

Try loopping your method infinity times.