Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Boom boom fail
Old
HoffmanFarmsTx

Default Boom boom fail - 06-15-2015, 05:53 PM

Argh! Took me ALL day to figure this out. Finally got help, but no way could I have done this by myself.

Seems like it should be a whole lot easier than what I am doing, but if programming is this hard, then I better get a BIG pay upgrade when I get competent!

Old
shoff

Default 06-16-2015, 10:59 AM

You will get it! It might help us to print out the instructions and highlight the important points, that way we don't miss anything and have to back track. Other than that, it's just creating those methods for each action which can be time consuming.

Old
cmachua

Default 06-21-2015, 01:17 AM

I can understand the frustration of trying to make methods work together. But after I mastered how to make methods for actions that will repeat over and over like the boomboom, I feel awesome because I know how beneficial this is going to be for future programming.

Old
MrMoke

Default 06-21-2015, 08:10 AM

Just Interested- Which class/campus is it that offers Alice, and are you using Alice2 or Alice3?

I'm also glad that your teacher encourages you all to use the Alice forums.

Alice 2.3.5
Old
HoffmanFarmsTx

Default Alice 2.3.5 - 06-22-2015, 08:35 PM

Thank you all for your help. The software I downloaded says. 2.3.5 We are using it for Programming Logic and Design at Dallas Community College (online course). Kind of a "figure it out for yourself format" because it is a semester's worth of learning packed into 1 month!