Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
LahDeeDah

Default 05-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
You can work with (x,y,z) directly! For example:

PostionA is a vector variable, Dragon is an object.

let PositionA= (3,5,7)

Dragon move to Word, Offset by= PositionA

That line of code should move the Dragon to (3,5,7)! Thanks Dick BALDWIN
Thanks for the responses everyone. I've found this topic to be very frustrating and my student's patience is growing thin as I try to figure this out. The idea that I can declare a POV variable and then not manipulate it is frustrating. I like the idea of decalring a vector but I'd love to then be able to cast the vector to a POV. I can live with the Dragon move to Word, Offset by= PositionA approach but I don't see an Offset method to the "move to" method. Am I missing something? When I click on "more" I see duartion, style, and position but none off them allow me to define an offset.

Yes, I recognize that others have suggested dropping hidden objects around the world but this is not desireable for a few reasons: 1) In the real programming world this would be done using variables and 2) What I'm trying to do is have one object follow another around the screen. So I want to be able to move object 2 to a place relative to object 1 and I can't anticipate in advance everywhere that object 1 might go.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited by LahDeeDah; 05-18-2008 at 12:21 PM.