Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Moving the Camera with Keyboard Controls
Old
anneV

Question Moving the Camera with Keyboard Controls - 05-26-2010, 07:33 AM

Hi All,

I am brand new to Alice, and am trying to figure out how to navigate through an Alice world using keyboard controls. Basically, I just want the keyboard controls to work as if a person were walking through the world, so keeping the y axis the same level, while moving the x and z axes. When I use the method "Let [mouse] move Camera", navigation seems to do this. BUT when I use "Let [keyboard controls] move Camera," the camera seems more unrestricted; that is, it the camera moves at weird angles and can go below the world's ground. Is there a way to make the keyboard controls maintain the y axis, while moving the x and z?

Also, again, I'm new, and was wondering if there is a way to see the actual code behind the "mouse move camera" method? So I might could figure these things out myself.

Thank you in advance! I've been very impressed with Alice so far!

-Anne

P.S. I didn't post my code because its literally just the one, built-in method on the amusement park world.

Old
jediaction

Default 05-26-2010, 07:58 AM

1: To fix the problem with going in the camera going in the ground. Select the camera, go to methods and near the middile, there is a stand up method. Put that in the when world starts method, and make it the first thing so when you start up the world. It will be standing up.

2: Sorry, you cannot access the code for the camera movment; but we do have our own movments. Like Chris101bs acceleration test

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Tags
camera, camera position, keyboard control, navigate