Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Windows 7 - issues with Alice 2.0 and 2.2
Old
scoutwert

Default Windows 7 - issues with Alice 2.0 and 2.2 - 01-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Update: the issue is screen resolution - my laptop has 1280 x 800; Alice prefers 1024 x 768. Adjusting the resolution took care of the problem.

Neither version of Alice works on my Windows 7 laptop - when I click anything in Alice (such as Add Objects), nothing happens until I click outside the program (on the task bar). When I click in the Alice program again, the screen is refreshed and I can select something else, but have to click the task bar again. Very frustrating. Sometimes, even that does not work and I have to minimize the entire program to the task bar before keyboard inputs are recognized upon maximizing the window again. And sometimes, even THAT does not help - Alice does not respond to any keyboard or mouse inputs.

Help!!

Last edited by scoutwert; 01-20-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Issue resolved

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Odd. I have a win7 laptop and it works fine on mine. Have you tried re-installing it?

(')>

Related problems with Alice 2.2 in Windows 7
Old
pearcej

Default Related problems with Alice 2.2 in Windows 7 - 03-19-2010, 02:33 AM

Did you get your problem solved with running Alice 2.2 in Windows 7? I am having some related problems (See http://www.alice.org/community/showt...hlight=windows) on my primary laptop.

I have tried changing my screen resolution (as well as all of the suggestions made in other forums, except using Alice 2.0), and none seem to help.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-19-2010, 08:30 AM

I change my resolution to the lowest it can get to fix some of my problems and also just for fun

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
robertcohang

Default 05-28-2011, 11:13 AM

My windows 7 works fine

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 08-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcohang View Post
My windows 7 works fine

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Windows 7 issues with Alice 2.2
Old
woessner

Question Windows 7 issues with Alice 2.2 - 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM

I am also having trouble with Windows 7 and Alice. I think it might be related to read/write permissions. Are there any files/folders that Alice assumes permission to read/write? I can log in as administrator and it runs just fine. When I log in as a student (with fewer permissions) it hangs at the loading screen.

Old
mdemonion

Default 01-04-2012, 02:51 AM

I also have window 7 and seems to have same problem..I have tried changing my screen resolution to the smallest and it works up to an extent after it..

Excessive load times with Win7 - adm logon does not help
Old
BillDunklau

Default Excessive load times with Win7 - adm logon does not help - 03-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woessner View Post
I am also having trouble with Windows 7 and Alice. I think it might be related to read/write permissions. Are there any files/folders that Alice assumes permission to read/write? I can log in as administrator and it runs just fine. When I log in as a student (with fewer permissions) it hangs at the loading screen.
With our new DELL Intel Duo Core computers with Windows 7 and 3 GB of memory, Alice takes about 3 minutes to open to the Welcome to Alice popup window and another 3 minutes to respond to a click of one of the tabs. We just tried logging in to a computer as administrator and it made almost no difference. Does anyone have any further thoughts? The computers we had for the previous four years loaded Alice in about 20 seconds.

Bill Dunklau
Lakehill Preparatory School, Dallas, TX
bdunklau@lakehillprep.org

Permission
Old
aikmin

Default Permission - 03-05-2012, 04:55 AM

You can deny Write permission to your Alice 2.2 folder, but you will need full access to your user directory (i.e. C:\Users\AliceUser\). Do you have access to your Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc? The default Alice save location is the desktop.

Tags
windows 7