Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Gravity with multi-level platforms.
Old
reuben2011

Default Gravity with multi-level platforms. - 11-29-2009, 03:45 AM

I've been trying to work with the concept of gravity with platforms of different heights. I later plan to make the falling smoother and events to make the ball jump through semi-transparent platforms (can only go through from the bottom) and on top of non-transparent platforms (can't go through them at all.) Please correct me on my terminology of platforms if its wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w fallingobjects.a2w (340.2 KB, 25 views)

Old
Dameria

Default 11-29-2009, 02:00 PM

I really like the idea of using multiple platforms, maybe you can expand on this so that the ball can also jump to reach the higher platforms also.

Also, I don't like the arrow keys move basketball thing, so I edited yours a little bit so that the ball rolls around with arrow keys, I'll post it here so you can see, and maybe you can add that to your later version if you decide to expand on this world.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w fallingobjects1.1.a2w (351.9 KB, 23 views)

Old
reuben2011

Default 11-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Thanks. I was kind of lazy when using the "Let arrows keys move [object]" event. I plan to allow the ball to jump on higher platforms later as well as making the free fall more realistic. I became interested in multi-level platforms because in all of the worlds I saw in the forum that had gravity, everything just fell to the ground and the ground only.