Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I make the camera follow an object?
Old
intrepidaversion

Default How do I make the camera follow an object? - 08-05-2008, 11:00 AM

In a larger world, If I make the arrow keys control an object, the camera won't follow it, and having the camera keep recentering on said object is too much of a pain, and doesn't look very good.

I Know! ish
Old
ZED

Cool I Know! ish - 08-07-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepidaversion View Post
In a larger world, If I make the arrow keys control an object, the camera won't follow it, and having the camera keep recentering on said object is too much of a pain, and doesn't look very good.
Well if u click on the camera, in the object table just under the play button, go to properties and you will see vehicle= "World" (it might have been set to something else but world is the default) now just set it to vehicle="Object" (the object that ur trying to make it follow) and presto that all i no for it to follow!

I waish a new more like how to make it go and follow in 3rd person but i don't so you will be stuck with a first person view until some else drops by and explains that!

Old
DrJim

Default 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM

Making the object the vehicle of the camera will make the two move together but you initially have to point the camera at the object to get the view you want.

You can also separately control the camera with the mouse while you move the object with the arrow keys. This gives you a nice, real time choice of viewing options.

Old
intrepidaversion

Default 08-07-2008, 05:04 PM

thanks a lot guys!