Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Conditional Statements
Old
HoffmanFarmsTx

Default Conditional Statements - 06-19-2015, 01:33 PM

Was either easier than expected or because I struggled through the Einstein formula assignment I am getting better.

I created a method in my object, but not sure I really needed to. I think I could have created the statement in the world first method with the same result.

It Depends on Scope
Old
MrMoke

Default It Depends on Scope - 06-19-2015, 03:53 PM

If the new method is restricted to the specific Object and makes no reference to either the World or other objects, then it could be put into the object with no problem.
If you want to save the new object into your custom objects folder and use it another world, but it contains methods with references to other objects in the current world, then those methods will cause problems unless the other objects are also loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoffmanFarmsTx View Post
Was either easier than expected or because I struggled through the Einstein formula assignment I am getting better.

I created a method in my object, but not sure I really needed to. I think I could have created the statement in the world first method with the same result.

Old
cmachua

Default 06-22-2015, 10:21 PM

I think with our assignment, either way will work and I agree that the Einstein formula lab helped quite a bit with this assignment. The course is really getting more into programming and Alice is making it so much easier to grasp programming.