Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > Bugs and Trouble Shooting

Ground.setPaint options list colors, not images
Old
KsMomof2

Unhappy Ground.setPaint options list colors, not images - 01-31-2017, 03:16 PM

I have had 2 students report this this week - when they select the ground and drag over a setPaint command, instead of seeing images (such as sand) they see only colors.

This is a new issue that we have not seen before this semester, though we have been using Alice for awhile. Anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

Windows 7 (but, also a home Mac)
Alice 3.3

The students are working on the Tim the Wizard world in the Alice 3 in Action book.

Terri Kelly

Old
MrMoke

Default 02-01-2017, 09:34 AM

I'm using Alice 3.3.0.0 on Windows 10, and don't find that problem. However, notice that "Alice 3.2" is displayed in the upper left corner of the Alice window, even though "Alice 3.3.0.0" is displayed in the help pane. Is the problem on their personal computers, or classroom workstations?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noname2.jpg (58.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by MrMoke; 02-01-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Old
KsMomof2

Default 02-02-2017, 07:22 AM

In general, my students do not run into this problem.

It is happening both at home and at school, but only twice. One student using a Mac at home reported it and another student working on a school desktop reported it. I pretty much didn't believe the student on the Mac, chalking it up to new student, probably didn't actually have the ground selected or something ... but, the other student asked me about it in class and showed me - so, then I had to figure it out ... but, couldn't.

I had him exit and come back into Alice and the issue persisted. I will ask him in class today if it is still happening in that world.

At school we have Alice 3.3.0.0 as the version number in help, but on the window title bar it states Alice 3.2 ... which is interesting.

Old
MrMoke

Default 02-03-2017, 08:43 AM

Yeah- It probably just slipped by the developers.

Ground.setPaint list only colors Alice 3.4.0.0
Old
clemie123

Default Ground.setPaint list only colors Alice 3.4.0.0 - 07-22-2018, 11:03 PM

We have seen this problem over and over this summer. We are using Alice 3.4.0.0 on MacBook Airs running High Sierra 10.13.6. We have found the only way around it is to reinstall Alice on begin a new world. The saved worlds will immediately have the same issue.

Tags
color, ground, setpaint, texture