Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Chapter 8 Ex 1 & 2 (Magic Blocks and School Of fish)
Old
thebatguy

Default Chapter 8 Ex 1 & 2 (Magic Blocks and School Of fish) - 12-15-2013, 09:03 PM

I had the school of fish and the magic blocks done and saved and they are completely gone. All of it and both were very time consuming for me as a beginner. In the book it's Problem 1 and 2 in the 8th chapter in the Starting Out With Alice . Does anyone have the completed version of any one of them ?

Help
Old
Lobby

Exclamation Help - 04-20-2018, 09:03 PM

Create a world that have at least 5 different objects from the Furniture Gallery and a Faery from the
Fantasy/Faeries Gallery. The Faery has the power to make an object disappeared. Everything that the
faery touches disappears from the scene.
Create an interactive game where the user clicks one object at a time from the scene; then, the faery
faces that object and moves in direction to it. Write a recursive method named CheckDistance, that
checks whether the faery is very close to the object clicked by the user. If it is, the faery bends over to
touch the object. After the faery touches the object, the object disappears (this is the base case of the
recursion). If the faery is not yet close enough to the object to be able to touch it, the faery moves a
small distance forward and the CheckDistance method is recursively called (this is the recursive case of
the recursion).
In addition to the Alice world, submit the design of the game using a textual storyboard; include the
design of the event and the design of the CheckDistance method.

Guys please put me through
Old
Lobby

Exclamation Guys please put me through - 04-20-2018, 09:07 PM

Create a world that have at least 5 different objects from the Furniture Gallery and a Faery from the
Fantasy/Faeries Gallery. The Faery has the power to make an object disappeared. Everything that the
Create an interactive game where the user clicks one object at a time from the scene; then, the faery
faces that object and moves in direction to it. Write a recursive method named CheckDistance, that
checks whether the faery is very close to the object clicked by the user. If it is, the faery bends over to
touch the object. After the faery touches the object, the object disappears (this is the base case of the
recursion). If the faery is not yet close enough to the object to be able to touch it, the faery moves a
small distance forward and the CheckDistance method is recursively called (this is the recursive case of
the recursion).
In addition to the Alice world, submit the design of the game using a textual storyboard; include the

Old
sometimes618

Default 04-28-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post
the recursion).
Um...is there any particular reason that you want all this? This sounds like something one would make for a school project, and if I were to upload what I have, I'm afraid of it being stolen.

Also, I would recommend creating a separate thread instead of posting the same thing three times on unrelated threads.

Starring, written, directed, and produced by sometimes618.

Get Alice Fighters v0.7:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=57651#post57651

Last edited by sometimes618; 04-28-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 05-01-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatguy View Post
I had the school of fish and the magic blocks done and saved and they are completely gone. All of it and both were very time consuming for me as a beginner. In the book it's Problem 1 and 2 in the 8th chapter in the Starting Out With Alice . Does anyone have the completed version of any one of them ?
Regardless of the circumstances what you are asking for is wrong and should not be provided by anyone on this site. Additionally, if you have done the projects you should find it takes you significantly less time to reconstruct them.
Finally, if you have questions please post what you have and we will try and help you overcome any problems you are having.

Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
sometimes618

Default 05-01-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentree View Post
Regardless of the circumstances what you are asking for is wrong and should not be provided by anyone on this site. Additionally, if you have done the projects you should find it takes you significantly less time to reconstruct them.
Finally, if you have questions please post what you have and we will try and help you overcome any problems you are having.

Mark
Heh, what you're quoting is from 2013 and is only here because it was recently bumped out of the blue...I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Starring, written, directed, and produced by sometimes618.

Get Alice Fighters v0.7:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=57651#post57651

Lol
Old
kelbstar123

Unhappy Lol - 05-02-2018, 08:41 AM

wow that sounds like a lot Im glad I finished my school project
 Send a message via ICQ to kelbstar123 Send a message via Yahoo to kelbstar123 Send a message via AIM to kelbstar123