Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

tips?
Old
Star wars fan

Default tips? - 09-20-2006, 05:56 PM

other than video games pretty much alice is the only thing I've done with computers I did the tutoriols to find out the basics and I'm not taking classes mostly everything I know is from veiwing the forum and looking at the example worlds so can any1 give me some tips?

thanks.

Alice Book?
Old
Mr Nemo

Default Alice Book? - 09-20-2006, 09:22 PM

My main resources right now for Alice is their book and this forum. You can get the book off of their home page, but you have to pay for it...

Old
Star wars fan

Default 09-22-2006, 03:23 PM

I was kinda hoping someone would tell me how to do varibales or something but thanks anyway.

Old
Mr Nemo

Default 09-22-2006, 09:30 PM

Dude, if you've got a question, Ask. If I or another member can't answer it(great people to ask include me, DrJim, LanceA, and Gabe) there is always the textbook sitting right next to me.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 09-22-2006, 11:02 PM

As Mr Nemo said, we are here to help. The more specific you are in your questions, the more likely you will be to receive a response that is helpful. General programming questions like "what is a variable" can also be answered by a simple google search.

Good luck!

Old
DrJim

Default 09-23-2006, 12:34 PM

Rather than a general Google search, I tend to start with a search at http://www.wikipedia.org/ . They have a lot of basic information and usually some good links. If you do know exactly (or pretty specifically) what you're looking for - then Google.

Jim