Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Ice Danger Random movement
Old
steveb

Default Ice Danger Random movement - 11-17-2009, 04:09 PM

Can I get some help on how to get my skater to move around the hole in the ice randomly moves. When skater gets too close she falls in. Any suggestions please. I believe we are supposed to use the if/else statements.
Thanks for help.

Old
kylefwlr

Default 11-17-2009, 07:05 PM

i'm not sure about the random movement myself i actually need that too but for the whole, make an if/else saying if 'skater is within' then click on the hole's function tab and put hole's width there for the distance, then just use the move to or just move method on the skater to make them go down the whole, place the if/else statement in an infinity loop and set it in a method that starts when the world does

Old
steveb

Default 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM

I figured out the random method. You just put a move forward, move left etc, put a number temporarly. Then highlight the world and go to function, and go to random number and place it instead of the number you put. Then go to the more drop down box and put a min number of something and do it again for a max number of something. This way your skater will move around randomly each time you start the world.
I think I did the if/else wrong though because as she is moving randomly when she gets close to the hole she doesn't fall in. Only when I start the world if I have the hole close to her will she go to hole and fall in.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Old
dubastot

Default 11-18-2009, 08:05 PM

You forgot to put the if statement inside the loop infinity times statement.

Old
reuben2011

Default 11-18-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
You forgot to put the if statement inside the loop infinity times statement.
very important