Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Tank Game
Old
frigging_n00b

Default Tank Game - 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM

I'm making a tank game.

You're suppose to click on the Spider Robot to kill it. When a key has been pressed, robots come towards the tank. When the robot has been clicked on, it should dissapear, move back to the dummy robot (which is invisible), and then become visible again, and go at the tank again. It is suppose to be a never ending game. But, there is something wrong, and everytime I click the robot, it disappears, and then reappear in the same place (not by the dummy robot).

It is not nearly finished yet, and I've only programmed the middle robot. Can someone check and help me? Thanks alot.

PS: It's in the GMail account again.

User: alicefiles
Pass: we1come

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-27-2005, 02:51 AM

Nice work. Just glancing over your code, it looks like the robot is not disappearing and reappearing at the dummy robot because it's still moving towards the tank. Basically, you've told the robot to move toward the tank when a key is pressed, and when the robot is clicked on, move toward the dummy robot. So there's a conflict in that the robot can't move in two directions at the same time. So the processes cancel themselves out and the robot stays disappears and reappears in the same place.

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-27-2005, 02:01 PM

Thanks,

But how do I change it? I've thought about it, but I can't seem to find a way to get around it....

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-29-2005, 03:40 PM

Sorry to double post, but this is rather urgent. I can't seem to think of a way to get around it, can one of you help me?

Old
kingsamses

Default 10-29-2005, 08:44 PM

Maybe you could do this: When you start the robot moving, set a variable (robot_moving) to one and to 0 when it's done moving (0 is default). When you want it to start moving the other way, first have a loop with nothing in it that terminates when robot_moving is 0 and then starts the robot moving. I hope I explained that clearly and understood the problem properly.

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-29-2005, 09:04 PM

kingsames, thanks for replying. From experience, I know that you are a good Alice programmer. Can you please check it out and do the stuff you said? I don't understand the variable thing.

I'll give you a cookie! lol, please help.
Thanks

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-30-2005, 01:05 AM

Is this for a school-related assignment?

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-30-2005, 10:58 AM

Uh....kind of. We're suppose to make the guy with knives chasing him, but I just decided to make this (as an addon)....

Old
kingsamses

Default 10-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frigging_n00b
Uh....kind of. We're suppose to make the guy with knives chasing him, but I just decided to make this (as an addon)....
So this thing isn't an assigned and graded thing, just done for fun? I don't want to help you cheat or anything. Also, what kind of cookie are you offering?

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-31-2005, 04:15 PM

lol....um.....white chocolate chip....

Please, lol just help....