Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Walk
Old
tweetymdb3

Default Walk - 01-31-2010, 06:42 PM

Can anyone help me with trying to get someone to walk in Alice, instead of just moving them. Specifically, the guy in the template. I've tried everything and his limbs come apart and all. Thanks so much.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Man.a2w (517.4 KB, 18 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-01-2010, 11:37 AM

You can try 3 things:

First would be to check the folder inside the people folder called "Walking People" for the person you'd like to walk. Those objects come with pre-made methods that you can drag onto your world which will tell that object's subparts to animate a walking cycle. This feature is only included in the latest version of Alice 2.2 though, so you'll need to get Alice 2.2 if you don't have it already.

If you can't find the person or are unable to download Alice 2.2, you can use the hebuilder/shebuilder at the very end of the list of objects in the People section to make a customized person with several built in methods, walking included.

Finally, if you have your heart set on a walking zombie or some other object that doesn't have a walk method, create a character with character builder, then open the character's walk method for editing. Inside, you'll find the commands required for a good-looking walk cycle. Simply change the subparts in the method from those of the created character to those of the object you wish to animate (since pretty much all humanoid characters have the same subpart structure) and copy that code into a method inside your object. You can now delete the created character and test out the copied walking method of your object, changing it in small ways to make it look more realistic if you wish. I've done this for the Turtle object before and it looked and worked great.

(')>