Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

A recursion question
Old
stormrider41

Question A recursion question - 05-12-2012, 03:41 PM

I am new to Alice programming. I am trying to do a world in which I need to use recursion. I have a world all set up and I have the recursion set up. My problem is how do I get the world to start back from the beginning? It will redo all the steps but it starts the characters where they left off instead of in the original positions. Do I need to use invisible reference points and how would I do this to get it to go back to it? Or do I some how need to use the original starting coordinates for each of the characters and some how code it to put them back into that position?

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 05-12-2012, 04:38 PM

Yes, that's the idea. You either use invisible reference points (Alice calls 'em dummy objects) or point of view variables to place your objects to their original position.

Old
stormrider41

Default 05-12-2012, 07:13 PM

Thank you! I thought I might be going in the right direction, but I wanted a little feedback before I got too deep into the code and find out it didn't work.